Stream recordings at home to tablet?

andre_xs

Hi,
is it possible to stream the recordings the H.2S has stored on the external HDD to another device (android phone/tablet or Windows computer) within our home? (i.e. just within the local WLAN, not via internet).
If so, is there a guide for this?
Many thanks!

You can always ftp yo the box.
Just need the ip address of the box and use root as user name and passport.
You can access all the recordings and do what you like with them ie. Copy them to another medium.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

On Windows pc, you can access them if you put the internal ip address of the zgemma box in the file Explorer. On Android you can use esExplorer app to do the same thing. Both on Windows and Android you will need vlc player to play content

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

@NickM: Thanks, yes, but that's not streaming. If I e.g. want to watch an episode of a series, I would first have to copy it completely (via ftp via WLAN, may take a while...). Then I may find out that I've seen that episode already, have to copy the next one, etc...
Or a long movie may take ages to copy before I could start to watch...
So, really looking for streaming...

On Windows pc, you can access them if you put the internal ip address of the zgemma box in the file Explorer. On Android you can use esExplorer app to do the same thing. Both on Windows and Android you will need vlc player to play content

Brilliant, thanks. With "file explorer" you mean just the standard Windows Explorer? And VLC will then open the file in the remote location?

Just out of curiosity (I'm not a real expert), do you know which mode of "sharing" is behind this?

When you open up "my computer" on Windows the address bar at the top, that's where you type your box ip

When you open up "my computer" on Windows the address bar at the top, that's where you type your box ip

Ok, tried this now, but then the webbrowser opens with OpenWebif which allows me to remote control the box. I can navigate to the movies and say "play", but that actually means it will play them on the box/TV - basically a remote control.

However, I've seen that there are a number of options in Menu - Setup - System - Network. There, one can set up Samba, MiniDLNA, NFS, and others. Do I need to activate/install any of those first?

Both. (We have two laptops, one with 7 and one with 10).

I'll look into dreamplayer for an android solution (tablet / phone), but still looking for streaming to PC.
Press windows button bottom left then file Explorer then press network on left bottom of file Explorer then type ip of box into address bar at top of file Explorer then enter

or enable openwebif on your box and just type in the ip address into a web browser
Yes, but by this I just to remote-control the box? When I select Play for a recording, it plays it on the box and TV, not on the computer. I can't stream to the computer, or have I missed something?
(There's a download button for the recordings, but I would like to stream the recordings).

You can stream to your computer using openwebif and vlc player
First open web on pc and type in the ip address of your box
Second open bouquet and go to the channel you want to stream and to the right of the channel name you will see 2 icons 1 calendar like and the other a tv
Right click the tv and copy link
Now open vlc
Hit media on top left go to open network stream
In the URL paste the link and click on play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For recording same process only when in openwebif down the left you will see stream under it you should see movies click it and it should bring up your recordings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Press windows button bottom left then file Explorer then press network on left bottom of file Explorer then type ip of box into address bar at top of file Explorer then enter

You will see the box and it the hard drive connected, click the drive, all files should be in movies folder, if you have vlc player install double click on the. Ts files and they should play.

On Android, download esExplorer then open app, go to network, search, find the box, again click on movies then the. Ts files required.

Not sure whether I'll be able to try this out before mid next week as we are going away over the weekend, but many thanks to for suggesting these approaches!
Best wishes,
Andre

Back