Stream to a second enigma 2 box

noddyrams

Hey, so I have a vu+ solo2 in my main living room all working fine with a free sat dual tuner, sly line installed and IPTV, running wooshbuild infinity.

So here is my next thinking:

I want to update TV life in the bedroom and at current have no signal input in that room of any type.

Basically I was wondering if I can buy a device that will stream sat channels from from vu solo downstairs? Plus the recordings and the IPTV?

Although saying that if there is a device that can run IPTV android plugin, Plex and netflix, could I then get a device that would just stream the freesat live TV and the recordings from the solo box?

If you had other e2 boxes you could have samba running on them to make them visible and view recordings from another room.
Running second box on client it needs no sat or cable feeds and takes the info from the solo2 but disables 1 tuner in the solo2 when running on second box and have no idea about iptv ?

There is an app on android called dream player.. . Free on app store but £5 on amazon app store if you use a fire device.... Worked flawlessly for me from vu uno 4k to fire TV in bedroom and kitchen

Try the app on your phone first if you have android and you will see how easy it works... Will stream all you channels plus recordings...

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the app on your phone first if you have android and you will see how easy it works... Will stream all you channels plus recordings...

Thanks with do

I did come across an actual vu+ all also, don't suppose you've tried that have you?

Thanks with do

I did come across an actual vu+ all also, don't suppose you've tried that have you?
Yes I did, I'm sure you have to pay for the full version thou, like I said the dream player app works like a "dream" thou so thats all I used

Hi Guys, i have a Vu solo2 se dual cable tuner and a ZGemma H2s flashed with vix in client mode - streams channels fine. I cant however stream the recordings that are on the Vu to the ZGemma - is there a way to do this ? also i always find the EPG is pretty much blank on the client box - does anybody know the settings i have to set up on the ZGemma so that the EPG fully downloads?

Hi Guys, i have a Vu solo2 se dual cable tuner and a ZGemma H2s flashed with vix in client mode - streams channels fine. I cant however stream the recordings that are on the Vu to the ZGemma - is there a way to do this ? also i always find the EPG is pretty much blank on the client box - does anybody know the settings i have to set up on the ZGemma so that the EPG fully downloads?
You need to set
Menu - tuner config - channel importer

As for HDD, simply set up samba and set client HDD as network, then you will see the primary HDD available.

Edit : that's Vix, not sure about ATV, but can't be much different.

thanks guys, samba and mounting did the trick. Still having problem with the EPG. I have noticed on the Vu that the EPG is only populated for that day, and anything after midnight seems blank or will be sporadically filled. Therefore with channels importer on the Zgemma i suspect it will only download what it finds on the Vu. Any ideas how to sort this problem out?

It sounds like you dont have epg setup and not doing a daily update to give you 7 days on usb or hdd.
What sources are you using as if its iptv unsure?
Cable or Sat in use also?

It sounds like you dont have epg setup and not doing a daily update to give you 7 days on usb or hdd.
What sources are you using as if its iptv unsure?
Cable or Sat in use also?

Hi I’m using cable. As for sources if I’m honest I’m not sure - it might be Rytec from memory. I am not using IPTV at all.

That long ago since cable i dont think their is rytec for cable,xml with many sources i think for cable,others will confirm epg setup.

What exactly is your problem,?
Sometimes in VM you have to select a channel and sit there for a few minutes for EPG to populate,
if you don't want to have to do that, top tip is to leave your channel on VM preview so when it updates EPG overnight it automatically populates all the other channels.

What exactly is your problem,?
Sometimes in VM you have to select a channel and sit there for a few minutes for EPG to populate,
if you don't want to have to do that, top tip is to leave your channel on VM preview so when it updates EPG overnight it automatically populates all the other channels.

The EPG is only maybe upto 12 hours in the future, and never past 3-4am of the morning. this makes it a nightmare to want to record anything in the following day or beyond. I have followed the guide as per link above in cactikids post and i think it is outdated now as things have changed. Im curious to know how others have set up their EPG to show 7 days in advance. I will try the VM preview tip above

Back