Streaming from one Zgemma to another

p17blo

I noticed when digging through menus, there are two options of interest - These are 'Enable Fallback Remote Receiver' and 'Fallback Remote Receiver URL'

The limited context help that's available for these options seems to indicate that if a resource isn't available on the receiver (let's say the satellite cables are removed), that that box will connect to another and start a stream from the second box to the first.

Anyone know anything about this? Have you tried it?

Not tried it but interested! From what I've seen so far removing the feed cable isn't sufficient you need to disable the tuner in the client box or alternatively the tuners in the client need to be being used by recordings. This feature doesn't seem to be very well documented unless I'm missing something on Google!

Not tried it but interested! From what I've seen so far removing the feed cable isn't sufficient you need to disable the tuner in the client box or alternatively the tuners in the client need to be being used by recordings. This feature doesn't seem to be very well documented unless I'm missing something on Google!

Ha ha I can't really find ANY documentation, other than some around Open ATV mostly in german - So frustrating. So anyway, I'm trying to work out how feasible it might be to set up a Zgemma box, disable the feeds (OK, so like you say let's disable the tuners, that would work), then put the box into a room without any satellite cables and pretty much have it as a full functioning, controllable sat box - I know there are way to media stream to a mini android PC, but they aren't as nicely controllable as a Zgemma box with a remote. Anyway, I have a second box on the way, so I guess I can test it soon enough - I'll let you know.

BTW, what's the best source of documentation you have found?

Just going to try blind - there was some very unclear info on the openpli forum... if we crack it perhaps we can put together something in English!

remote channel stream converter plugin is what you are after
i have a duo2 downstairs on VM and kids have sky upstairs i installed this onto my duo2 and can stream from either of the 2 boxes upstairs and its put into the channel list so works really well

now would this work with downloaded movies that are sitting on one box?

Could i stream those to another of my zgemmas in another room?

Or is this strictly for satellite channels only?

This is why I love this site I've seen a m3u to bouquet converter plugin so I could create a m3u list using openwebife and use the converter to watch them on another box but i don't think that will show the full epg. Whereas remote channel stream converter plugin looks like it would

Mine only shows now and next when streaming from other box but that maybe due to not using a epg source for cable as vm send it down the line and I use that

What I'm thinking about doing is getting a new h2h because vm has just finished cabling my street. The only issue is that my supplier doesn't allow multiroom and I've already got 2 sky lines 1 for 2s and the other for openbox v5s so if I can get 1 of these plugins to work I could stream from my 2s to the h2h and have a virgin line for the h2h

Just bear in mind you can't record the stream I tried it it did re Ord but was stuttering like mad but tbh I done it just to get channels vm don't have chances are I will only watch them now and then

I don't do much recordings anyway and it would be same for me it would only the odd time I would be watching anything because there's only a handful of extra channels we get on sky compared to vm

its dead simple to use you would install it on your h2h
then go into service searching and the plug in will be in there
open the plug in
click yellow input ip from other box and then all the categories open up from the other box
tick what ones you want (i chose all channels)
i think its green to save
then back to normal tv press tv button and it will be listed at the bottom i changed the name from all channels to sly all channels

Ild create a small channel list with the extra sky channels we can't get on cable and use that then set the sat tuner on the h2h to freesat

I did that first with the channel list but in the end I just selected all channels makes life easier and a back up if vm goes down for any reason

wha.t i do with my boxes is link them on home network by running nfs on network to mount all my box ips and from any room i can access any hdd on any box and play movies on boxes that are enigma2

wha.t i do with my boxes is link them on home network by running nfs on network to mount all my box ips and from any room i can access any hdd on any box and play movies on boxes that are enigma2
Is that the same way when you mount a nas drive as this I what I do to get access to movies and TV shows I have on there of that's a great idea

yes same idea as i have a nas drive also and can move films from duo or other box to the nas drive.
as i said nfs has to run on all boxes you want to use and mount to be visible to allow you choose.

remote channel stream converter plugin is what you are after
i have a duo2 downstairs on VM and kids have sky upstairs i installed this onto my duo2 and can stream from either of the 2 boxes upstairs and its put into the channel list so works really well

I actually tried this plugin this morning to see if it would work on an external IP (an unsecured openwebif) . I couldn't get it to work, so it must be internal network only.

Back