Streaming from one Zgemma to another

remote channel stream converter plugin is what you are after
i have a duo2 downstairs on VM and kids have sky upstairs i installed this onto my duo2 and can stream from either of the 2 boxes upstairs and its put into the channel list so works really well

I actually tried this plugin this morning to see if it would work on an external IP (an unsecured openwebif) . I couldn't get it to work, so it must be internal network only.

where you enter the ip addy if you move it across it changes to address what would this part be for? i am surprised it didnt work out of network tho

tried both ip and http.

tried with no port on the ip and :8001

tried username: root
password: blank

tried username:blank
password: blank

just wasn't having it.

** further looking onto this, its same network only. shucks **

Last edited:
tried both ip and http.

** further looking onto this, its same network only. shucks **
Which I guess means it maybe using some kind of local network broadcast (which isn't routeable) or it's using additional ports that aren't open on the open box on the internet - Wiresharking it would epose if it were either of those. When I can get around to doing sometests, I may see if I'm inclined to do some wiresharking to see what's going on

Guys what's the default port numbers on the remote channel streaming plug in as changed them and forgot what the default was ops cheers

Cheers bud i had that one right what about the telnet port bud thinking that's the one I have wrong
I'm working blind the on specific setup you are working on as I've not seen the config you are talking about, but the default telnet port is 23

I scanned the box and these are all the open ports (UDP ports won't show, such as 8001)
21 | ftp | File Transfer Protocol |
| 22 | ssh | SSH Secure Shell |
| 23 | telnet | Telnet |
| 80 | http | World Wide Web HTTP |
| 111 | rpcbind | portmapper, rpcbind |
| 139 | netbios-ssn | NETBIOS Session Service |
| 445 | microsoft-ds | SMB directly over IP |
| 2049 | nfs | networked file system |
| 12000 | cce4x | ClearCommerce Engine 4.x (Retail Payments) |

Thats the bugger as I input 123 and it should be 23 I knew that was the issue will put that right tonight thanks for your help bud

Thats the bugger as I input 123 and it should be 23 I knew that was the issue will put that right tonight thanks for your help bud
Port 123 is time service (NTP) (remember when to call the speaking clock you would dial 123 on your phone? :) )

Last edited:
Right, I've done some testing with this now.
Scenario 1: Zgemma box 1 initially connected to 2 x Satellite cables and setup as a standard box with all bouquets and channels etc. Then Satellite cables removed, tuners disabled. Within the Menu > Setup > Usage & Gui > Customise menu, I've 'enabled fallback remote receiver' and set the 'Fallback remote receiver url' as http://x.x.x.x:8001 (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of Zgemma box 2 which is all setup and connected). With this all setup I can browse the channels originally setup on Zgemma box 1 as if they were native on my box. I can timeshift and record. You will notice two things in the info bar. There is no tuner shown (usually this would be a or b) and the SNR% is blank. This confirms that you are streaming (other than the obvious absence of satellite cables at the back)

Scenario 2: Remote Channel Stream Converter installed on Zgemma box 1, Zgemma box 2 details entered into the plugin and the 'All Channels' Bouquet downloaded from Zgemma box 1 (this sits as it's own Bouquet on Zgemma box 1 listed as 'All Channels (remote of x.x.x.x)') - I can select any channel and the stream starts (again confirmed by a lack of a tuner designation in the info bar as well as no SNR) - I can pause and record.

Both scenarios work, but what's the point of adding a plugin and downloading a bouquet when you don't need to?

Both are amazing uses of this kit and I will be pushing this a little more to see how far it can be pushed. :)

Any idea how we could do this but limit channel list to just say kids and movies on the 2nd box...but keep full channel list on main box

Cheers

Right, I've done some testing with this now.
Scenario 1: Zgemma box 1 initially connected to 2 x Satellite cables and setup as a standard box with all bouquets and channels etc. Then Satellite cables removed, tuners disabled. Within the Menu > Setup > Usage & Gui > Customise menu, I've 'enabled fallback remote receiver' and set the 'Fallback remote receiver url' as http://x.x.x.x:8001 (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of Zgemma box 2 which is all setup and connected). With this all setup I can browse the channels originally setup on Zgemma box 1 as if they were native on my box. I can timeshift and record. You will notice two things in the info bar. There is no tuner shown (usually this would be a or b) and the SNR% is blank. This confirms that you are streaming (other than the obvious absence of satellite cables at the back)

Scenario 2: Remote Channel Stream Converter installed on Zgemma box 1, Zgemma box 2 details entered into the plugin and the 'All Channels' Bouquet downloaded from Zgemma box 1 (this sits as it's own Bouquet on Zgemma box 1 listed as 'All Channels (remote of x.x.x.x)') - I can select any channel and the stream starts (again confirmed by a lack of a tuner designation in the info bar as well as no SNR) - I can pause and record.

Both scenarios work, but what's the point of adding a plugin and downloading a bouquet when you don't need to?

Both are amazing uses of this kit and I will be pushing this a little more to see how far it can be pushed. :)

now would this work with downloaded movies that are sitting on one box?

Could i stream those to another of my zgemmas in another room?

Or is this strictly for satellite channels only?

I've been experimenting with the network browser in setup and have mounted the hdd in my upstairs zgemma and a usb drive plugged into my router as network shares.
I can watch movies from both on my downstairs box and have recorded stuff onto the router drive so I assume I should be able to record to the upstairs box?
If i've taken the thread off on a tangent just ignore me! I'm old and still experimenting.....

I've got an original vu duo gathering dust. Is the fallback feature compatible with this if I link it to my Zgemma H5.2tc ?

Last edited:
Put latest VIX on both and use their channel importer plugin on duo and stream a h5.2tc cable tuner to it

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Put latest VIX on both and use their channel importer plugin on duo and stream a h5.2tc cable tuner to it

Ok thanks - I'll have a go tomorrow. Earlier I had a go at streaming using two Zgemma's - it worked great using "fallback".

Sorry you can obviously use ATV and may need to on the Zgemma....can't see why both boxes wouldn't work well together.

Yes ATV it is. It's still in 'customise' I think. Mind just disable tuners on duo and copy bouquets over. Unless ATV has a plugin nowadays?

Back