1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling to record IPTV reliably

Discussion in 'IPTV Guides Support and Discussions' started by fatgit, Jul 1, 2018.

1. fatgit

fatgit Registered

I have a decent IPTV sub (curently wildside but have used several others to try and solve the issue) which I use mainly for F1 races but I'm really struggling to record more than 20-30mins of quali/race shows (I rarely get chance to watch live).
    I've tried nextpvr (win), VLC (win), IPTV extreme (Android), ProgTV (android) and more, but none seem to reliably record the streams. The slightest network glitch causes recording to stop and even with a rock solid connection and stream I have yet to have a recording complete.
    I have a 32Mbit fibre connection and have also tried via 4g (7-10Mbit)

Any suggestions? Cheers

2. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    Do you have a multi room sub as I think you need this for recording.

3. fatgit

fatgit Registered

I do have multiroom, but it isn't needed for recording unless I'm also watching another channel, which I never do :)

4. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

You don’t need multi to record the channel your watching or watching a different channel not on iptv
    So cable or sat you can watch them

The problem with iptv is, if you get one freeze the recording stop and won’t start up again

5. fatgit

fatgit Registered

I think that's the issue.
    Any software out there that can handle that (Windows or android)? Or maybe an IPTV box that dodoesn cost the earth (otherwise I may aswell sub to sky :haha: )

6. hedges2016

hedges2016 Registered

Male
    Just get a sub that has catchup on it then u can watch f1 anytime u want

7. fatgit

fatgit Registered

Never thought about that, will have to find a supplier that offers it and try it :)