Stuck on boot

Scouselad

After a bit of technical help please, zgemma froze the other day so had to re-boot then it stuck on boot with screen as pictured below, tried a reflash which it will take but then when it reboots after flash it still stays on boot, ive checked hdmi lead etc, so know thats ok, just seems strange it wont come out of boot. Any suggestions?B77D8509-C8AD-42A5-83B7-4B4B91469BFA.jpeg

ipab which it was originally on prior to it freezing, was going to try wooshbuild but the site was down yesterday so couldnt download, got a feeling its not an image problem though

tried a reflash which it will take but then when it reboots after flash it still stays on boot, ive checked hdmi lead etc, so know thats ok, just seems strange it wont come out of boot. Any suggestions?

how sure are you the box flashed? on reboot do you see any boot screens (ATV6.1 boot screen for example?)

so you get the post count as the box boots to 100 then the screen goes?

If you get the boot count & see the welcome boot screen then your box appears to have flashed, what is confusing is you say its still says boot on the front panel...it should show BOOT then count to 99/00 or goto a set chanel within the image (I use fta bbc1 set as startup service).
I would reflash with a base nightly image from zgemma.tv then once that gets your box to function then reflash with your image of choice.

just stays on boot get the open tv/ ipab screen as soon as its switched on, zgemma display stays on boot doesnt get as far as counting

doesnt sound like the box has flashed, did you prep your usb stick before loading image to flash the box?
(99% of the time this is the problem as people dont prep the usb right before trying to flash)

Yes done as i have done in past when ive flashed this box & many others, seems strange that the problem lies in the boot sequence even before i tried flashing

it is possible to reload the bootloader or even j-tag these boxes but I wouldnt be going that route yet, flash with the nightly from zgemma.tv this will confirm if its recoverable & then you can reflash with your image of choice or if needed dig a little deeper into whats wrong with it.

If it did indeed FLASH then the bootloader must be ok so it may have been a corrupt/incomplete install so worth reflashing with the nightly anyway.

Last edited:
i have a zgemma 2s and i get this screen when box boots, but it goes thro motions and then its ok when it has booted

i have a zgemma 2s and i get this screen when box boots, but it goes thro motions and then its ok when it has booted
Ive seen the screen do that in the past on start up, just not stay on boot, left it just to make sure it wasn’t running slow but after about 45 mins i gave up

Back