Stuck

Hi I have tried updating my zgemma h2s box and it runs from -00- right up to -99- then returns to -00- and starts the process all over again. My tv screen has open atv 6.1 with a continuous loading circle. This has been happening for 24 hrs and nothing seems to stop it. I can't do anything with remote or even switch off the box itself. Any help greatly appreciated

You will need to flash your box again. I'd start with your usb stick being formatted has the Zgemmas can be a little temperamental with certain types of usb sticks.
Did you update via a usb or did you do a software update of the Open atv 6.1 via blue button then software updates where your box installs the latest updates has sometimes these crash the box, happened on my Zgemma H9s the weekend.

Hi I have tried updating my zgemma h2s box and it runs from -00- right up to -99- then returns to -00- and starts the process all over again. My tv screen has open atv 6.1 with a continuous loading circle. This has been happening for 24 hrs and nothing seems to stop it. I can't do anything with remote or even switch off the box itself. Any help greatly appreciated

Yeah it's stuck in a bootloop, this is a fairly common occurence, flash the box again with the image/build of your choice

This happened to a friend of mine a couple of days ago, it may possible to rescue it by telnetting into the box and updating the packages using the opkg command, I did this for my friend tonight and his box is now back up without reflashing.

Yeah it's stuck in a bootloop, this is a fairly common occurence, flash the box again with the image/build of your choice
I don't even know what my image or build was. It was whooshbuild I tried to update and open atv 6.1 now on screen constantly. I haven't used the box from may after the footie finished but the build I had was just like sky tv uk

I don't even know what my image or build was. It was whooshbuild I tried to update and open atv 6.1 now on screen constantly. I haven't used the box from may after the footie finished but the build I had was just like sky tv uk
1st time I've ever tried to do myself. I usually pay some one to do it every 6 mths but want to try for myself with dire success lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ok you're getting a little mixed up :)
Wooshbuild is the build, which is based on openatv
the Sky tv look is just a skin, you may be able to follow @grog68 advice above about telnetting in and doing it that way but it's up to you.
if you had a sat line running, or iptv installed, reflashing will remove these from the box so you'll need to add them again when flashed

15323799327692277231572242769915.jpg 15323799470615268687881957815938.jpg
the Sky tv look is just a skin, you may be able to follow @grog68 advice above about telnetting in and doing it that way but it's up to you.
if you had a sat line running, or iptv installed, reflashing will remove these from the box so you'll need to add them again when flashed
Thanks for advice mate. But have u any idea how i can reset my box. Nothing seems to stop what my 1st question was. I just can't stop it

have you turned it off at the socket and back on?
if it just keeps going through the same sequence, it will either need flashing again or you can try telnetting into the box and update it that way

You will need to flash your box again. I'd start with your usb stick being formatted has the Zgemmas can be a little temperamental with certain types of usb sticks.
Did you update via a usb or did you do a software update of the Open atv 6.1 via blue button then software updates where your box installs the latest updates has sometimes these crash the box, happened on my Zgemma H9s the weekend.
This sounds like what I've done. I updated software

have you turned it off at the socket and back on?
if it just keeps going through the same sequence, it will either need flashing again or you can try telnetting into the box and update it that way
I'll look into this telnetting. I seen it wrote up this post. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to try updating via command line then try this (although not guaranteed it won't make it any worse)

1. download and install Putty from https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
2. open putty and in the hostname box enter zgemmah2s (if this fails to connect you will need to find your box ip address and use that)
3. when prompted 'login as' enter the word root and then hit enter
4. enter the code below:

Code:
init 4 && rm logs/* && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

and then press the enter key.

Hopefully that will get your box back up and running, if it doesn't then you will need to reflash

Ok so I've flashed it for the first time. Melting but I got there. Thanks. So now I have basebuild. Is this correct? Sorry for being dunce at this

have you put the basebuild on the box?

which version of wooshbuild are you using?
the newest version is wooshbuild infinity

Mate I've no idea how I'm even here lol. I've no idea if I put basebuild on or not

Attachments

• 1532384237454511417046191455758.jpg
    1532384237454511417046191455758.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
the older versions of wooshbuild will work but they're not supported any longer and not updated.
That is an old version you are flashing, probably even older than the one you were using before :grimacing:

just flash it and let it do it's thing, then go to the wooshbuild infinity installation page and follow the instructions to flash infinity - it's the newest version and has all the bells and whistles, it doesn't take very long to flash

http://www.techkings.org/resources/...or-all-enigma2-boxes-satellite-cable-iptv.58/

the older versions of wooshbuild will work but they're not supported any longer and not updated.
That is an old version you are flashing, probably even older than the one you were using before :grimacing:

just flash it and let it do it's thing, then go to the wooshbuild infinity installation page and follow the instructions to flash infinity - it's the newest version and has all the bells and whistles, it doesn't take very long to flash

http://www.techkings.org/resources/...or-all-enigma2-boxes-satellite-cable-iptv.58/
no point continuing the flashing if going to switch to infinity as it needs a fresh openATV installed

I think he's gonna need his box ip address, so thought it better to finish the flash first so he can use webif later on
unless there's a way of getting ip address another way i don't know?

once atv is flashed he can get the ip in the same way you would on grogbuild or wooshbuild. For my friends box earlier I got him to log into his router and looked at connected devices and got the IP from that.

@Jim Brenna :
switch the zgemma off at the back with the white button
remove the usb stick and format it on your laptop/pc using FAT32
download the h2s build from here, (it's the latest version) and put it on the usb drive
make sure you unzip the flash files before you put them on the usb!
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=zgemmah2s
put the usb in rear port and turn the box on with white button
the box will flash the new image
then go to the wooshbuild infinity page posted above and install infinity using webif, all instructions are there

@Jim Brenna :
switch the zgemma off at the back with the white button
remove the usb stick and format it on your laptop/pc using FAT32
download the h2s build from here, (it's the latest version) and put it on the usb drive
make sure you unzip the flash files before you put them on the usb!
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=zgemmah2s
put the usb in rear port and turn the box on with white button
the box will flash the new image
then go to the wooshbuild infinity page posted above and install infinity using webif, all instructions are there
Ok I've done what you said and I'm now here. Sorry for being stupid but I'm lost from here1532387549873400740384641102793.jpg

if you click yellow there, you should be able to choose sky 28.2e as provider
now you've got openatv 6.1 installed, you need to get wooshbuild infinity installed, you've already done the hard part
so exit out of the menus and head to this page and follow the instructions, bearing in mind you've already got openatv6.1 installed, just follow the instructions from there and you'll soon have WB infinity installed
then you'll need to add any lines or iptv you were using

Back