Stuttering on 1920X1080p-60 channels

I've been experiencing stuttering on BT Sports FHD and a number of USA channels that have a video size of 1920X1080p-60

It seems that the full HD channels have a video size of either 1920x1080p-60 or 1920x1080p-25. This is from the broadcast info on the settings menu. Sly Sports FHD and Sly Movies FHD is 1920x1080p-25 which works fine and is stable but BT FHD is 1920x1080p-60, which jitters and jumps about all over the place.

Same with a lot of HD USA channels. The ones that are 1920x1080p-25 or even 30 are fine but the ones broadcasting 1920x1080p60 are jumping the same as BT FHD. I thought it might be down to refresh rates, so I altered my box rate to 60Hz but that made no difference. Tried messing with the HDMI settings on the TV but again, makes no difference. Broadband speed is coming back at around 19 mbps.

Pretty sure that it isn't anything at my providers end as his feeds are stable for the vast majority of his customers.

Anyone any ideas?

Install serviceapp via plugins and change the player to exte3player in the settings. Reboot box, problem will be solved.

Serviceapp is in plugins and then either extensions or system, I can never remember which one.

19 Meg is not going to be enough for your fhd channels. Youll need double that for a smooth and issue free stream.
The service app is a worth while install anyways, but stick to watching your HD options, and not the fhd in my opinion. Your speed is bare min for iptv here

19 Meg is not going to be enough for your fhd channels

Have to disagree, my speed drops from 38 to 10mbps with my VPN on h2s but still plays all channels including 60fps FHD fine. Worth swapping the player though as suggested as that can make a difference.

Install serviceapp via plugins and change the player to exte3player in the settings. Reboot box, problem will be solved.

Serviceapp is in plugins and then either extensions or system, I can never remember which one.
For some reason ServiceApp won't download from plugins. Do you know of anywhere it may be available as an ipk? Had a quick google but can't find one.

I'm not sure, if I can find it I will let you know. Are you using Wooshbuild by any chance? I had the exact same problem, in the end I reflashed the box and it then allowed me to download it.

The current version of ipad is 1.3.6 037,just check you are on that version and not an old one.Also the latest update of ipad now requires you to use a minimum 64gb usb drive due to the size of the image,just check that as it will cause problems if your drive is too small.Also make sure your drive is initialized and you are saving your epg to your usb drive and not to your flash.

Have you ran the latest software updates on your box?

No but I will give it a go later. By box, I'm assuming you mean my zGemma software as opposed to the image software (see below).

The current version of ipad is 1.3.6 037,just check you are on that version and not an old one.Also the latest update of ipad now requires you to use a minimum 64gb usb drive due to the size of the image,just check that as it will cause problems if your drive is too small.Also make sure your drive is initialized and you are saving your epg to your usb drive and not to your flash.

Yeah, the iPab is up to date and all EPG stuff running fine (via Xtream Editor)

since when was BT sports 60fps that isnt correct. BT max is 50fps direct nevermind 60fps in uk. Us only is 60fps

No but I will give it a go later. By box, I'm assuming you mean my zGemma software as opposed to the image software (see below).

Yeah, the iPab is up to date and all EPG stuff running fine (via Xtream Editor)

Yes, do the software updates on the Zgemma if IPAB is up to date, then try installing serviceapp again.

since when was BT sports 60fps that isnt correct. BT max is 50fps direct nevermind 60fps in uk. Us only is 60fps

That's what it says. Not in front of my box at the moment but it says something like 720p-50 for all channels, which I presume is refresh rate - correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only having a stab - and then underneath that, the video size, which varies from 1280x720p (25, 50) to 1920x1080 (25, 30, 60).

That's what it says. Not in front of my box at the moment but it says something like 720p-50 for all channels, which I presume is refresh rate - correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only having a stab - and then underneath that, the video size, which varies from 1280x720p (25, 50) to 1920x1080 (25, 30, 60).

In your video settings set the following. (auto resolution can cause problems) and see if that helps

video mode - hdmi
automatic resolution - disabled
mode - 1080p
rate - 50hz
display 4.3 - pan and scan
display 16.9 - pan and scan

In your video settings set the following. (auto resolution can cause problems) and see if that helps

video mode - hdmi
automatic resolution - disabled
mode - 1080p
rate - 50hz
display 4.3 - pan and scan
display 16.9 - pan and scan
Yeah, that's almost what I have as I hate Auto. Only difference is I have 16:9 - Letterbox

I honestly would just reflash the box. I had this exact same problem when I used WB7. I know you are using Ipab, but they are both basically OpenAtv. I flashed the box again and serviceapp downloaded fine next time round. I have now switched to Vix and I get no issues at all.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I ran a software update and after that ServiceApp downloaded ok. I changed the player to exte3player and that has stopped the jittering on the FHD channels. :(y):

Funny thing is though, the channels that I reported as being 60fps are now showing as 50fps using exte3player but when I revert back to stock, the channels revert back to 60fps and the jittering returns! Is exte3player somehow limiting fps?

There are a lot of settings in the player that I don't understand so I've left them alone. Should I need to alter any? I've noticed a slightly longer time to switch channels using the player and some resolution flicking, even though Auto resolution is disabled in video settings.

Back