STv & C4

Mavio

Anyone have issues with STV(103) & Channel 4HD (104)

I have no issues with any other channels just these two, sometimes they clear and then freeze then other times they don't clear, I have tried TV guide red button and the other links but they are all the same, NET ID is 40982

Matt Kro is having sime issues with channel list providers so it might be to do with that. Read his recent post about it, mate.

Always issues with ITV/STV/UTV and C4 as they are lots of little channels (for local advertising) rather than one big one for the whole UK. So less chance of it being in the cache in the server. It doesn't matter if (like me) you can get these on satellite or freeview on other tuners, but if you are relying on cable 100% it's a real bummer.
I think only a really good line (like with local cards) can be properly reliable.

Always issues with ITV/STV/UTV and C4 as they are lots of little channels (for local advertising) rather than one big one for the whole UK. So less chance of it being in the cache in the server. It doesn't matter if (like me) you can get these on satellite or freeview on other tuners, but if you are relying on cable 100% it's a real bummer.
I think only a really good line (like with local cards) can be properly reliable.
Your exactly right, Boag, I have swapped the sat variation of these channels onto my cable bouquets, but it is a real problem for anyone that hasnt got that option, so yes getting a good provider is the only other option if you need these on your box.

Agree with above, you could try running 2 decent subs which may alleviate the probs a bit if you've just got cable.

Back