subtitles format

I've got a h2s with Wooshman's fantastic build on it. We rely on subtitles in our house and we're not entirely happy with the font format. If you select the dvb subtitles, you get normal subtitles on a black background, which is what we want, however live subtitles don't work properly in that a single word is displayed rather than the whole sentence as it's typed out.

If you select 888 subtitles, you get what I would describe as DVD subtitles which is white font with a transparent background, and the live subtitles work as it should.

Is it possible to change the font/background colour of the 888 subtitles at all so that they have a black background instead of a transparent background?

I've looked in all the settings and can't find anything to format this. I'm guessing there may be an xml file where I can change the settings but I'm not clued up on how they work or what I would need to change

turn subtitles on then press the subtitles button on your remote (or long hold it) and you will then get a menu called subtitles quickmenu or something like that. All your settings are in there.
Not on my box, so going off memory with that.

Back