Suddenly lost specific HD Channels

if you're using vm broadband, check the bottom of the router for a settings password
type 192.168.0.1 into a browser and click enter, use that password to log into the router

advanced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab

you're looking for dbmv and snr levels, dbmv should all be between -6 and +10 and snr should all be close to 38 or preferably above, if the signal is too high or low you'l need VM visit, post the data here

If you ok on the remote it should normally show a signal strength bottom right, if not press ok twice

try menu -> setup -> service searching -> autobouquetsmaker -> update config files and if there is an update start scan

On Sky Greats SNR goes between 68% and 0%. Keeps flicking between the 2. 95% on Sky Premier

if you are going between 68- 0 then there's an issue, if using a splitter please disconnect all cables and tighten all back together and rescan abm in service searching please

if you are going between 68- 0 then there's an issue, if using a splitter please disconnect all cables and tighten all back together and rescan abm in service searching please

Ok I will try that later or tomorrow now. I did check the cables yesterday actually. Maybe a dodgy cable?

So if the line is ok and you have had the channels working previously

I would stick with the net id you originally used.

Replace the splitter and use some decent cables

£5 Ebay splitter kits are crap.

cable.jpg

Sorry I haven't had a chance to come back to this. It definitely seems that it is the splitter or adaptor that is the issue. I have disabled the feed and proved that by swapping cables. I will order a new splitter and adaptor. I think the cables are ok as they were provided by VM in kits I had saved away.

I do have the £5 rubbish ebay splitter. Which splitter would you advise me getting?

Thanks everyone who helped with this. Great the have a helpful friendly forum to turn to when needed

Back