Suspect Arrested Over Joanna Yeates Murder

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Police in Bristol have arrested a 32-year-old man on suspicion of murdering landscape architect Joanna Yeates.

572.jpg

Ms Yeates' body was discovered on Christmas Day, eight days after she
disappeared

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, the senior investigating officer at Avon and Somerset Police, said: "I would like to thank the public for their continued support for the investigation and the information they have provided to us.

"I would also like to pay tribute to Jo's family and to Greg who continue to be unfailing in their support to me and my team at what is an incredibly difficult and painful time for them."

The suspect was taken into custody early today and Sky's Katie Stallard says it is unlikely police will release his name to the public.

Earlier this week Joanna's parents Theresa and David Yeates appealed to the country's "armchair detectives" to help find their daughter's killer.

In a joint statement, the couple said: "If you do know something and you do not come forward you are consciously hampering the apprehension of Jo's killer and the perpetrator is still free."

oanna's last journey has also been filmed for a television reconstruction that will be aired on Crimewatch next week.

The 25-year-old went missing on December 17 after having drinks with work colleagues and walking home to the flat she shared with her boyfriend Greg Reardon, aged 27, in Clifton.

Her body was found on Longwood Lane, Failand, North Somerset, on Christmas Day morning, sparking a huge police operation.

The film focused on what she did after she left her firm, BDP, in Bristol city centre.

Back