Swapping providers??

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello. I’m swapping over from Vodafone to sly tomoz and Vodafone are being a pain in the arse. Said I could cancel now denying it. There saying that if I go with sky that nothing changes my line is exactly the same so the problem with Vodafone will carry on with sky. They said it’s all the same equipment all that changes is who I pay ? Is this true or not??

I knew it was to good to be true as they said it was cancelled over then phone and I was free to go we’re I like now and the line is open. But no confirmation emails saying I had left. Now sky are have issues transferring service over and have cancelled. I’m fuming

Vodafone use the same phone lines as Sky. Basically the lines are owned by OpenReach and so it is them who maintain them and deal with the problems. If you have a problem on the actual phone line, then yes, the problem will transfer. If the problem is with Vodafone equipment, router etc, then no, the problem will not transfer over.

Having said that, if there is a problem on the line, then you may find that Sky actually handle it a bit better and may actually resolve the issue.

Did you not ask for confirmation of the cancellation in writing or do you not have the name of the person you spoke to?

I knew it was to good to be true as they said it was cancelled over then phone and I was free to go we’re I like now and the line is open. But no confirmation emails saying I had left. Now sky are have issues transferring service over and have cancelled. I’m fuming

If you are not in a contract and they said you can go with another supplier I would get onto Vodaphone and ask them for an explanation. Tell them you are cancelling the direct debit and you are going with another supplier. I know a few people that had issues with Vodaphone and you should not get issues with another provider unless as dt99 said, you have issues with the line.

No just speed issues. No never asked for confirmation as I took it as they were doing it properly. Got no names of who I dealt with either. Sky are saying line is tied to Vodafone and can’t be released because I’m in contract. I have phoned voda twice asking them to confirm the contract is over and they confirmed it twice. I’m gutted

As mentioned above all the line are oiwned by openreach i was switching over to sky ended up without internet for a month then they said it was all set up and connected it to someone elses house lol the speeds werent great as through the openreach socket so decided to switch to VIRGIN MEDIA Got a engineer out in about a week all good now .

No just speed issues. No never asked for confirmation as I took it as they were doing it properly. Got no names of who I dealt with either. Sky are saying line is tied to Vodafone and can’t be released because I’m in contract. I have phoned voda twice asking them to confirm the contract is over and they confirmed it twice. I’m gutted

Just go through the same complaint process that you did originally and ask them to find the recording of the call that you made. Do you know what date you rang them and approximately what time of day, that will be enough.

Found a text message they sent me saying I’m leaving. Emailed that to the ceo and I’ve had a sorry your leaving letter yesterday. Phoned sky and they said it should be ok to switch. In the text it said they would be no charge to leave and they will credit my account to be the next months bills. But on new email it says there will be charges for early termination of services. I’ve emailed voda to clarify this and I’ve cancelled all direct debits to do with them

Glad you managed to find something to use as proof. I had a similar situation with TalkTalk once, they agreed to let me leave the contract with no charges and then the e-mail said I would incur charges, it turned out to just be a standard e-mail and all charges were waived. It's so ridiculous that you have had to go to CEO level to get it sorted, but sometimes it's the only way. Fingers crossed Sky is a lot better for you.

It sounds as tho there not cancelling it and just letting sky take over the line that's why there trying to charge you as its within the contract even tho they've stated you can leave just keep on that them as bt did it with me over land-line put 2 lines in with 2 different numbers and charged for both even the the open reach rang them and told them and raised the issue but havnt paid it they can fekk off

well sky have been today and installed the dish and the internet as gone live. all seems well upto now only problem i have is a wifi issue with my ps4 but reading on forums its well known issue. might try installing the tp link vr900 again. i will let this sky q router go through its ten day speed thing. speeds seems constant more than vodafone as when i did a speed test on that it would go 20-30-40-50-50-30 i was all over the shop.

with sky it goes to 56mb and stays steady on that number

It sounds as tho there not cancelling it and just letting sky take over the line that's why there trying to charge you as its within the contract even tho they've stated you can leave just keep on that them as bt did it with me over land-line put 2 lines in with 2 different numbers and charged for both even the the open reach rang them and told them and raised the issue but havnt paid it they can fekk off
i am thinking the same. the line did go dead this morning so i plugged the sky router in and all went well. i have told my bank to cancel my direct debits with vodafone and the bank guaranteed that they cant take anymore money of me

Well had a couple of beers yesterday and thought I’d try my tp link vr900 router with sky fibre. Set up easier than Vodafone didn’t need to contact sky for username etc. Connected instantly unlike Vodafone use to take upto a hour to connect. Went to sky’s Speedtest page and got 70mb dl and 30mb ul. And a message saying you are now getting more than we can guarantee that’s great ha. Was only getting 50mb and 18mb ul with sky router. And these speed tests are so solid it’s unreal it doesn’t budge it stays at 70mb until it finishes. Impressed so far

Well had a couple of beers yesterday and thought I’d try my tp link vr900 router with sky fibre. Set up easier than Vodafone didn’t need to contact sky for username etc. Connected instantly unlike Vodafone use to take upto a hour to connect. Went to sky’s Speedtest page and got 70mb dl and 30mb ul. And a message saying you are now getting more than we can guarantee that’s great ha. Was only getting 50mb and 18mb ul with sky router. And these speed tests are so solid it’s unreal it doesn’t budge it stays at 70mb until it finishes. Impressed so far
I'm with sky and speeds always seem stable with mine and even when iptv phones laptops pc x2 all up and running still quite solid mate

Back