System Setting Backup/Timer Backup

n1cks21

I am looking to upgrade from openatv 5.1 to 5.3 if I backup my settings does that backup my timers? or do I have to do that separately and if so how ? I have googled it and found the below information but not sure how relevant it is now as it was an old post for openvix ?

In /etc/enigma2, there are 2 xml files. One is called timers.xml and the other autotimers.xml (I think they are the correct names, just going off memory here)...

Anyway, back them up to your pc, flash the new image, copy them over back to that directory, replacing the ones in there. Then, issue a telnet command:

killall -9 enigma2

This should then load them in to your timers and autotimers. When I tried doing a manual restart of the box, it overwrote the files back with the originals, hence giving empty timers...

Cheers
Nick

The search you result is close but wouldn't have worked if you had tried it as it misses the command init 4 to stop enigma2, yu can then copy the files and restart.

Anyway.... to answer your question: Yes the timers are backed up as well as your line (but have a copy somewhere safe anyway).

You may find that your settings may not be restored fro 5.1 to 5.3 although they should. If they don't just shout and we can help.

Why not do a complete backup of our box before you start? That way you can re-flash back to a working box and then try again.

Thank you for the reply, I did a full backup before I started (I always have a step back, i learned that the hard way lol), the settings backup worked a treat but had to rename it for 5.3 to restore it.

Back