Talktalk

Scottd83

Hi,

Never had problems with my sat viewing till I changed to talktalk and after reading a lot think it's the talktalk super router being pants....my question to other talktalk users what other vdsl routers are people using to combat this?

Having same problem TalkTalk routers aint the best, Had Superfast Fibre for 2 years now believe the Router the 655 only a 2 story house need to use Home plug up stairs.
Recently bought a Samsung 7 Series tv able to stream 4k movies via netflix but when i stream via the VU+ it occasionaly freeze or get sound no picture been in touch with my line provider who asure me his server fine so I presume its the TalkTalk router.

So any recommendations for a decent router

Cheers

I like the Netgear Nighthawk D7000, although for my sky vdsl I used either a BTOpenreach or a drayek vigor 130 modem connected to an Asus AC68U as I like merlins firmware.

I haven't any experience with the TalkTalk router however have you tried assigning a static IP to your box and then configuring port forwarding to correctly route your traffic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Huawei HG663 here from talk talk I get the odd drop out with it. It's really bad on the day that the bill is due up until they take the direct debit. One thing I have noticed with it is that on my zgemma when I reboot GUI it I have to manually restart my softcam because I get no Internet at all until i do

Back