Technomate 800HD-500-SVHD+ CCcam share in 1 house HELP

Hi

I would like to find out if it is possible to do this, and if so please any help/advice would be great.

Since Feb 2011 I have been using SVHD+ on the Sat side and has been working great with a C line but the problem is the EPG doesn't work great, it only shows now and next info.

So my plan is to move the SVHD+ into the bedroom (so other half can watch what she wants (like livingit more4 etc when me and the boys watch the footy downstairs), have a Technomate 500 in MY OFFICE (3rd bedroom converted so I have some sort of tv to watch in there) and finally have the Technomate 800 HD in the main living room downstairs.

I was told the way SVHD+'s firemware is I can do the following and if I get a open source Linux stb I can so:

My question is can I:

1. Put a C line from a pay server on TM800HD and share it internally to the other 2 stb's? If so how? or

2. Get a viewing card and insert it into the TM800HD and share it internally to the other 2 stb's? If so how?

Does the Technomate work the same way as a more expensive Dreambox DM800HD would? i.e. Dreambox DM800HD can read Sly cards and act as a server, is the the same for the Technomate TM800HD?

Your help and advice would be most appreciated.

Also if anybody can think of a better way of configering the above please let me know thank you.

Hi

I would like to find out if it is possible to do this, and if so please any help/advice would be great.

Since Feb 2011 I have been using SVHD+ on the Sat side and has been working great with a C line but the problem is the EPG doesn't work great, it only shows now and next info.

So my plan is to move the SVHD+ into the bedroom (so other half can watch what she wants (like livingit more4 etc when me and the boys watch the footy downstairs), have a Technomate 500 in MY OFFICE (3rd bedroom converted so I have some sort of tv to watch in there) and finally have the Technomate 800 HD in the main living room downstairs.

I was told the way SVHD+'s firemware is I can do the following and if I get a open source Linux stb I can so:

My question is can I:

1. Put a C line from a pay server on TM800HD and share it internally to the other 2 stb's? If so how? or

2. Get a viewing card and insert it into the TM800HD and share it internally to the other 2 stb's? If so how?

Does the Technomate work the same way as a more expensive Dreambox DM800HD would? i.e. Dreambox DM800HD can read Sly cards and act as a server, is the the same for the Technomate TM800HD?

Your help and advice would be most appreciated.

Also if anybody can think of a better way of configering the above please let me know thank you.

question 1 no - lines will be cut of i if shared software detects this so they say on the server
question 2 no - tech not a server box

dreammbox (Linux) is another thing totally different to tech
depends what you want to pay i got 2 spiderboxes work very well with lines you can share cards with the boxes

Thanks for the info m8, great help.
Just a few more things if you don't mind!
Can the SVHD+ act as a server? If not were is a good place to get a DM500HD or DM800HD
I would like to spend no more than £200.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the info m8, great help.
Just a few more things if you don't mind!
Can the SVHD+ act as a server? If not were is a good place to get a DM500HD or DM800HD
I would like to spend no more than £200.
Thanks again.

no mate not svhd - Google dream box they are pricey

Back