Technomate nano se - menus/channel lists invisible.

ez5

I picked up a technomate nano se running openpli yesterday and am having issues seeing menus and channel lists after I switch the receiver or tv on from standby. When I press the menu or channel list button the tv picture minimises into the top left hand corner as normal but where the menu options or channel list should be is a black screen. The options and channel list are there though - I can still flick through the options, I'm just doing it blind though. The only way to be able to see the menu/lists again is to completely restart the box but as soon as I turn the box or tv to standby they'll be gone again.

I've seen other people with blank screen issues say they resolved it by disabling hdmi cec on the tv and receiver. Ive tried this with no luck though.

Just to show you what I'm seeing, here's a video of somebody (albeit running vix) with a near identical problem (see 1min 20 onwards):

<can't post link - youtube vid titled "technomate nano vix image problem">

Any idea what's wrong or what I can try to resolve this?

edit: I should have said, I've tried the box on another tv (both Samsung smart TV's) and tried a blade box on the initial tv and both worked without problems.

Last edited:
Back