Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super or Technomate TM-Nano-2T

fether

hi guys i am thinking of getting a new technomate but don't no which to go for can any 1 give me any info on the 2 receivers i have mentioned in title please

kind regards fether

I guess it's more of a personal choice fether but to be honest and in my opinion, I was recently looking to upgrade my Skybox F5S to one of the better quality more powerful Linux boxes running Enigma2 and after purchasing a Technomate TM-Nano-2T I have to say it was better than the Skybox but the build quality of the Technomate TM-Nano-2T specifically is not what I expected, in my eyes it looks a bit cheaply assembled, power supply made a quiet buzzing/humming noise, ran quite warm (even with fan on, which was quite noisy). I looked at replacing it and did look at the more powerful Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super but after having the Technomate TM-Nano-2T I decided to go for a Vu+ Solo2 and WOW what a difference, much faster startup, no noisy power supply, fan is almost silent, changes channels faster, plugins install quicker, TV guide loads much quicker. Build quality and looks is top notch.

I know these Vu+ Solo2 boxes are more money, but definitely worth the extra. If I ever need another box in the future I recon I would even go for the single tuner Vu+ Solo SE which has the same processing power as the Vu+ Solo2.

Hope this helps in your decision.

I've just bought the nano 2 super, it's my first E2 box and I'm really pleased with it. It seems really quick, starts up quickly and no lag whatsoever. Picture quality is also way better than my previous blade box. I've not heard the fan at all and the external PSU seems silent. I also like the external PSU as it will be quick and cheap to replace should it fail. I guess quality is a subjective thing but it seems OK. It's light as a feather but then it's just a circuit board inside a pressed steel case so what else could you expect? Maybe the VU+ Solo 2 is better quality but the box just sits on a shelf under the TV so as long as it works I don't really care and I couldn't justify the extra £70 for the VU+ which runs on the same chipset.

As for the previous post, it's a bit unfair to compare performance of the nano-2T and the VU+ solo 2 as the first has a 405mhz processor and the 2nd a 1.3ghz one so no surprise it's quicker - it's also nearly twice the price. The Nano 2 super runs the same chipset as the VU+ solo 2 so I expect performance is pretty much on a par. Maybe the box isn't as nice as the VU+ but, like you, I set myself a limit of £200 and think I bought the best performing box I could within that price bracket. Certainly seems to be worth the extra £50 or so that it costs over the previous generation of boxes.

Hey guys,

Just purchased the TM-Nano 2 Super and waiting for delivery. Hope I have made a good choice. It was within my budget so decided to go for it.

What do you guys think is the best image for this box? OpenVix, OpenATV, 4D??

What did you pay for it? Was £199 at WOS when I bought it but dropped by £20 now. Great value at that price

Apollo build 29 I think. Seems good. Only had 1 problem with a recording that wouldn't play but sweet as a nut otherwise

I've managed to get the box installed and working with all available channels tuned in on 28.2 - Freesat and $ly England. Seems pretty quick on start-up and in general.
Only problem is Autobouquetsmaker is not numbering the channels the same as $ly, so all the channel numbers are messed up.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Is this able to be used like a normal PVR? ie series recording etc and a decent epg.
I run an F5 at the moment which is a great starter but really want something better for everyday use.

Hi Lads and lassies

Im attempting to set up a edisson optimuss which i understand is a repackaged technomate nano 3T.

does anyone know of an image i can get to help me get this up and running.

I have a n line to input into it too.

Any help at all would be brilliant

Thanks

Back