1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 +

Discussion in 'Technomate Discussions' started by bobless, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Registered

Thanks I am not alone...the box in my opinion is very good for the price.

As far as I knew but I may be wrong Vu do a cable twin tuner and Technomate are the only other 1? and with the price difference its a no brainer with internal HDD

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 AM ----------

Hello Dangerous,

Ah see what you had planned as usage and you probably right.

I'm just using the vm connector and can watch HD and Record 1 x hd which is all I was after.

I have looked back and I think your full review has been deleted.

Thanks Dangerous

2. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

curious you had issues recording 2 cable hd channels,never had issues with my et10000,correct splitters and cams and good cables in use.

3. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Male
    {Power Plant Operater
    UK
    Personally asking a receiver with a 750mhz processor too record 2 HD channels and watch a third was a little too much work for this tiny receiver.
    I'm sure plenty of people would be happy with a dual cable tuner plus the bonus of a sat tuner all in one receiver.
    It is a good receiver, it's just suitable for my lounge ;-)
    PS, after many months fiddling with my setup it's running great.

4. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Registered

I will be looking to possibly upgrading from this unit next year.

Hopefully there will be some good options in the future at a decent price.

Shame the ET8500 didn't work out.

I hope we will see more units come out with 2 X Cable Twin Tuners and built in HDD with 1.3GHZ Processors.

I would by Technomate again.

5. southsimon

southsimon TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    I only want boxes from now on that support internal hard disk. I have this box with the 2 x dvb-s and works really well. The only gripe i have is that there seems to be a humming slight buzzing noise from the receiver? Im wondering if anyone else has come accross this?

6. gravehead

gravehead TK Veteran

{stonemason
    My VM TiVo box used to do that, so I put a couple of small blobs of blu tax on the feet and that solved it

7. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Registered

Update...

I have had the unit for a month now. They Unit came with pre installed Openvix 4.2.21 and worked almost perfectly (few Minor flaws discovered later)

Updated to 4.2.023 and recording issues started - realised issue was image rolled back to 4.2.21

Updated to 4.2.026 and the box is now perfect all minor issues resolved and slight improvement in picture quality.

I would strongly recommend this box does everything you ask it to do and great value for money.

Only lacks capability of having 2 x twin Vm so could watch 1 and record 3 (next upgrade requirements)

Hope this review helps anyone

8. dale1983

dale1983 Registered

Hi TonyStark - I'm looking at getting one of these, could you clarify what you mean by:

Only lacks capability of having 2 x twin Vm so could watch 1 and record 3 (next upgrade requirements)

I want to be able to watch and record seperate VM channels at one time. Or record 2 channels and watch another at the same time. I have both sky and virgin lines currently - using a Zgemma H2H

Hope that makes sense

9. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    You should be fine doing that with 2 cable tuners and one sat.

10. dale1983

dale1983 Registered

Great - think I'm going to get one today!

11. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Registered

Just to confirm VM is a Twin Tuner, and Sat is single tuner.

Only concern would be if unit can handle the load for 2 recordings and 1 watching as Dangerous mentioned previously.

Personally I would say the box is very good with just the VM twin tuner. (watch 1 record 1).

I could not confirm if the box can handle more due to Processor speed.

12. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i do things arsed ways good quad tuner in man cave and solo2 in main room lol

13. dizzler

dizzler Registered

Hi guys,

I've ordered a Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver I am moving into a new apartment that has VM. I will be getting VM broadband so my question is will I need a splitter to take the feed from the wall then split it out to the Technomate & router? What splitter will I get that matches connections on the box, I'll also be installing a Sat feed but that should be straight forward and into the back of the Technomate. I want to get everything sorted in advance before I move in so If I need a splitter and cables etc. made up I'll get all of that done.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  14. southsimon

southsimon TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    You don't have to have vm broadband in order to get the vm channels, you just need a live feed. And yes you will need a splitter. Get a decent proper one like the tratec.

15. dizzler

dizzler Registered

thanks. need broadband anyway so might as well get VM, the speed is great. Will look at the tratec, thank you.

16. dale1983

dale1983 Registered

Hi Dizzler

How you getting on with the technomate? I'm looking to get one this week.

Cheers

17. dizzler

dizzler Registered

just moved in so in the middle of setting it up - anyone have a good image back up for this that uses Cable ?

18. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i will always say better to have a service or risk getting cut off.

lancable likes this.
  19. lancable

lancable T K Veteran

yep mate pay for the service to be sure feed live all will be good as cactikid said

20. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Registered

Using Openvix 4.2.030, everything works spot on.

dale1983 likes this.