Technomate TM-Nano-SE PLUS twin tuner

steptoe

VIP Member
hi guys,
after seeing the box I installed for my sister,
my brother recently cancelled his sub and wants a box to replace his sly+ box as closely as possible, he's not good with change,,,
am I right in thinking this box can have a sly skin installed on it, and have an internal HDD?
I've had a look at WOS and it seems to be a straight swap the way I understand it, as such,
many thanks.

Yes it can be set up with a sky skin and with a 2,5in hdd. best to have open vix pre install as it is a more user friendly image.

that box is a combo sat and cable.
rechecked again many models there and yes twin sat also and can have internal sata.

Last edited:
many thanks,
is this a reasonably decent box?
or would you recommend anything else?
budget of max £200 including his line/s price is what I have been told,
I may even upgrade my own box soon too, (I have had an F5s for years now!)

I've setup 3 of these boxes recently. Seem pretty rapid. Was the twin tuner sat version. Created swap files in a few seconds. Decent remote. Good box for the cash.

many thanks Maff,
it was either that of the edision os mini, but I dont think he'd be too keen on the external HDD,
his missus would probably plug it out or something, ROFL

Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2

I've had the Edision Mini OS twin tuner for a couple of weeks now, and I think it's a great box and does its job very well. Bought from WOS, with VIX image installed, all I had to do was swapfile/autoboquetmaker/epg and softcam manager and it was up and running in about 20 mins. USB in the back port and WD HD in the front. For the money I'd say it's a good little box.

I've had the Edision Mini OS twin tuner for a couple of weeks now, and I think it's a great box and does its job very well. Bought from WOS, with VIX image installed, all I had to do was swapfile/autoboquetmaker/epg and softcam manager and it was up and running in about 20 mins. USB in the back port and WD HD in the front. For the money I'd say it's a good little box.

thanks for that, I was thinking of upgrading my own to one of those, (I'm a miserable git, and already have an external HD)
but what do you need to plug in the front for?
couldn't I plug my HD into the rear?

Yes, you could plug in the rear (that sounds rude) lol but I used the rear for the 4gb usb stick just for the swap file and epg, and then I decided use a hd for timers/recordings.

Yes, you could plug in the rear (that sounds rude) lol but I used the rear for the 4gb usb stick just for the swap file and epg, and then I decided use a hd for timers/recordings.

could you close the front flap if you use one of the mini USB 4G pen drives?
or is the usb port right tight to the front?

I've recently bought and set up (mostly) one of these, same deal, and it is a decent box for the money, Sly skin is good too.

One thing i'm struggling with though is the EPG, It seems not to display for the non FTA stuff on the main EPG, it will show now/next on the currently tuned channel. Have I missed something somewhere?
EPG is stored on my external 2Gb USB, HDD is installed and used for recording and timeshift.

Apologies for the partial thread hi-jack.

Hi,

I would like some assistant with setting up the Technomate TM-Nano-SE PLUS twin tuner from start to finish, I have basic knowledge of the box as im upgrading my Skybox f3 but I have done my research and I am sure this is correct box for me within my price range. (Box will hopefully record one channel while viewing another, have very similar sly layout with OpenVix, cable and satellite required and hopefully all HD channels) I haven't understood the epg set up and lines set up at the moment so step by step set up would be very helpful.

Hi,

I would like some assistant with setting up the Technomate TM-Nano-SE PLUS twin tuner from start to finish, I have basic knowledge of the box as im upgrading my Skybox f3 but I have done my research and I am sure this is correct box for me within my price range. (Box will hopefully record one channel while viewing another, have very similar sly layout with OpenVix, cable and satellite required and hopefully all HD channels) I haven't understood the epg set up and lines set up at the moment so step by step set up would be very helpful.

There is a superb step by step that in the most part is completely applicable to thses boxes, I think Bees did the guide.
You will need the ability to FTP to the box from another device to modify and upload various things like the skin and the lines.

Back