Technomate TM-Nano-SE PLUS twin tuner

Can someone confirm the hardware set-up for this unit, I'm assuming I would need a 2 way splitter from the vm box, one cable for the broadband router and one cable for the Technomate unit, also a cable from the lnb of the satellite. Is there anything else? Does the splitter for the vm cable need to a certain spec?

What is the cost for a stable genuine cable and sat line for the Technomate TM-Nano-SE PLUS twin tuner?

Expect to pay around £40 per year for sat and £80 for cable, I have seen subs for £12 per year but if you want something stable
don't cheap out on your server would be my advise.

As for setting up a "combo" you need a cable feed to the box and one to the router, so you may need a splitter.

Don't buy a cheap £5 splitter kit from Ebay, buy a splitter and decent patch leads like these

cable.jpg

You will also need one of these little beauties

f to ariel.jpg

For the cable tuner on the box.

VM use 5-1000Mhz splitters, I use a Konig 5-2400Mhz splitter, which is said to be a sat splitter because of the higher
frequency range but I have never had any issues.

You need a coax from your sat dish.

And you need an internet connection to your box.

Buy a line from a sat server and a line from a cable server.

Follow the guide linked earlier in this thread.

Then you should be good to go (y)

Last edited:
look on the cable netid thread on forum so you have a netid and provider details to enter in setting up your scan.

thanks bees and cactikid, much clearer now, still waiting for my box to arrive though, getting all the knowledge beforehand!

Hey Bees some advice please, I've set up everything down to the T, even using the Konig 5-2400 splitter (3 way) and wf100 cables. but I'm getting signal issues, in the SETUP-SERVICE SEARCHING-SIGNAL FINDER menu the level for the:
SNR
AGC
are fluctuating rapidly and not stable for the cable tuner, when i select the sat tuner the figures are very stable. what can be the issue?

Hey Bees some advice please, I've set up everything down to the T, even using the Konig 5-2400 splitter (3 way) and wf100 cables. but I'm getting signal issues, in the SETUP-SERVICE SEARCHING-SIGNAL FINDER menu the level for the:
SNR
AGC
are fluctuating rapidly and not stable for the cable tuner, when i select the sat tuner the figures are very stable. what can be the issue?

Fixed!! Bought a Tractec ECO line 5-1000mhz splitter from my local sat shop, these are the ones vm engineers use.

need help please- combo line requested for test, vm works sly doesn't? pay server is saying both lines are working...tested cccam line for sly only and it works

need help please- combo line requested for test, vm works sly doesn't? pay server is saying both lines are working...tested cccam line for sly only and it works
Is it a dual line or two singles lines, what format are the lines?

Two separate N lines provided, edited both lines replacing 'N:' with 'CWS = ' entered them into newcamd.list file and uploaded to usr/keys via ftp. using mgcamd 1.38

Have you a mg_cfg config file in var/keys as well?

yes, using the Bees version from http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

---------- Post Merged at 08:30 AM ----------

sorry not in var/keys i have it in usr/keys... is that not correct?

Yes, both files in usr/keys.
As long as each receiver has its own cable going from the dish to receiver then all will be fine.
You can't split sat cables.
Obviously you need a live VM feed to your receiver as well.

Back