Technomate TM-T2

dougie462

Hi. Could anybody help. I was thinking of buying a TECHNOMATE TM-T2 running LINUX ENIGMA 2 because of the price for a twin tuner this one stuck out, and because i know nothing about these things {just starting out} i was wondering if it was any good and if so are they easy to set up? Plus it come's with firmware preloaded with a choice of VIX TEAM or 4D TEAM <based on openpli {whatever that means} and which to pick? Please be gentle with any reply so i can try to get my head around it.

Many thanks

How much have you found one for ?

Are you going to run off a fixed or motorised dish ?

Hi Mate. Got in touch with WORLD OF SATELLITE via Ebay asking the best price they could do it for and the reply was £210 but only if i order it direct from the shop {but i would have to contact/explain this to them} i thought it was a good price for a twin tuner but don't know if it's any good or not, hence the question on the forum, and as for the dish i was just going to use my s*y dish hopefully.

Cheers.

Most twin tuners are knocking on the £300 mark, so that seems pretty cheap
as far as I can tell, have a read round in the Technomate area
for the image stuff,

I use a blade and an F5, probably about the same price as the TM twin tuner.

Run two boxes off one line so I can have one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

I have the tm-twin mate and its not a bad box at all, there where issues with the software when they first came out but now all the bugs seem to be sorted out and the images are fine. I think the tm-t2 is like the tmtwin but with double the memory but without the rf outputs. Mine has taken the top spot from the genuine dm800hd, I use it with the iptv plugins such as 1channels and icefilms.

Hi. Like i said i'm totally new to all this and up untill 3 weeks ago had never heard of these things, then a mate from work {who now has my old one} told me about them, so like a fool rushed out and bought one {BM7000S} along with a family member. Now being a technophobe he set it all up for me because there is loads of info on that one and it was running great until i tried to record a second programme only to find out you need a twin tuner{suprise, i told you i know nothing} so i sold it on because the idea was to dispense with S*Y subs. And that is what brought me here asking & looking for ways of getting this box {if bought} to work in place of youknowwho. Now i think everybody knows what i want this box for, but setting it up to do this is a mytery and i just don't want to spend out more cash if i can't achieve this cos my missus is still giving me grief over the one i got rid of. Now i understand most of what you are saying about this box except RF outputs {is that a problem} & IPTV plugin {what's that} even the site i'm thinking of buying it from wants to know what firmware i want VIX TEAM or 4D TEAM {based on openplui} they might as well be talking KLINGON, so until i find some info on how to set it up and dispense with youknowwho i'm afraid it stays on the shelf. Thanks for your reply.

Hi Mate. What is an F5? are they cheapish/will it replace sly/are they easy to set up so i can view what i want it for? Any help would be great.

Ok there is loads of info for you to peruse all over the net, simply these box's and most other box's use a program called enigma 2 which is basically the same software shared across all hd satellites box's. Engima 1 was used for most sd box's (standard def). So if you google on how to say a dreambox 800hd or just dreambox in general there will be loads to read. Now if enigma 2 is a base image with all the menu's ect to scan satellites, settings, networking ect then teams like vix and 4d and sif team and open aaf they take the base image and adapt it to look differnent slightly. Different theme's different colours and then they make some coding differences to make parts of the image work better for them. Vix team where originally images producers for vu+ then because people liked there images so much they expanded to just about every receiver made. 4D are really technomates in house software team prevousley known as the ur team. Both images work fine but just maybe do things a little differently. To get what you want you will need a twin tuner (ok a single tuner linux box can record more than one channels at same time as long as the channels are on the same transponder) you will need a channel list which is download able from the remote and you will need a softcam such as cccam and a c line. You will need to put your cline into your box in cccam.cfg in the /ect directory. You will need a computer linked to the box or linked through a router and be able to ftp into the box. Then you need to make sure you have a cline that allows you to connect more than once as most servers charge more for this. Anyway good luck.

Last edited:
Cheers for that, looking to get one in the next few day's or so but would it be ok to contact you again if i have any trouble setting it up?

Hi Bees. Been looking at those F5 boxes you mention, and on ebay they look fairly cheap, would you recommend them yourself? If so where do you get the firmware from {if needed} and not knowing my arse from my elbow on how to set one up would it be o.k. to pick your brains if needed? That Technomate seemed a little expensive if the F5 does the same thing and after seeing that these things could vanish at anytime why spend all that cash for an expensive freeview box.

Many thanks.

Hi mate, F5's are budget boxes, I think they are well worth the money.

The EPG isn't as good as the Blade that you got rid of, only now and next program.

What I was getting at though, some servers allow you to run two boxes off one line
in the same house,

So I set up to have a blade in the front room, and F5 for bedroom.

You could just as well have both in the front room, watch on one and record on the other
as long as you have the cables in place.

May be a bit more flexible having two single tuners, rather than one twin tuner.

Depends on how you want to set up, all boxes mentioned get the same channels.

Back