Testing on laptop

webcrafty

Is there a way of testing a hs2 on a laptop. I plugged in the hdmi to my laptop but it's not getting a signal through the hdmi. Kids off school and if I disrupt the tv viewing I'll be shot !.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The HDMI socket on your laptop is for output not input so in effect your are putting to output feeds together... not going to work.

If you have no other TV to test with, I would do this:

Open your browser and type in: http://zgemmah2s - this will open the web interface for the box
Open the Remote section on the left.
Then each time you press a button on the virtual remote your screen will refresh and you will see what you would see on the TV.

You have to be connected to the network, both box and laptop for it to work.

You will end up with something like this:
Screenshot by Lightshot

Slow but works!

Cant connect on http://zgemmah2s/,
Both box and laptop connected to same network, i.e the same router with Ethernet cable.
Maybe I'm missing something.

I have other tv's but I didnt want to start messing around taking one off the wall. Maybe I'll have to !.

Can't get it to work. Both box and laptop connected to the same router. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Can't get it to work. Both box and laptop connected to the same router. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

You are doing as woohman has suggested aren't you.
Like he said you can't plug things into your laptop to use as a "TV" screen.

You will need to ensure hat the Zgemma is on the same IP address range - 192.168.1.xxx or similar.

If you have not set this up it may, if DHCP is enabled on the unit, get the correct IP address.

Download a program like Netscan; a simple network tool which will show all devices on your network.

Once you know the IP address of the unit then enter that I P address in your laptop's browser address bar and then follow wooshman's instructions.

Cant you just login to your router and look at attached devices, look for the box and note its IP address?

Cant you just login to your router and look at attached devices, look for the box and note its IP address?
Only if the unit is DHCP enabled or set to the same IP range unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Got it sorted now. Loads of stuff to mess around with !.
To watch do I need to download the .mu3 file for each channel or can I watch through the open webif interface.

Thanks

Just click on the relevant blue tv on the right hand side of webif. You will need to delete all the stream files from your download folder occasionally.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back