The all-new CS Sky-Numbered 28.2 chan. list for Openbox/Skybox + 13E

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellonet

The all-new CS Sky-Numbered 28.2 chan. list for Openbox/Skybox

Tested & working on S9, S10, S11, S12, F3, M3, X3, F4 & F5 this list will give correct channel selection with standard Sky numbering so by referring to the Sky online TV listings guide Sky Guide TV Listings - Sky
& entering the channel number will get the right one.
I have no reason to suppose that this will not be perfectly good for other Openbox/Skybox models not listed.
I have a communal dish system here I have included Hotbird on 13E with some favourite lists ordered by provider.
The secret of the Openbox/Skybox channel selection by Sky numbering lies in the rudimentary way it always takes its numbering from the favorities list you used last so for correct channel selection the first favourite list is for 'All Channels' so if you prefer channel numbering over boquets then this is the one for you.
I have also rearranged the boquets to break down the International list into Islamic/Arabic, Asian & others & pushed the Adult one further down the list, the Dating one has been discontinued.

The list is currently up to date for 07/11/13 courtesy of the usual references.

Boquet list; unfortunately the list has to be renamed from the remote after uploading this is due to the failings of the box firmware, with the latest firmware the Favourite List names are remembered when updating the channel lists.
I have also developed a way of ordering favourite lists so to demonstrate, the Sports, Entertainment & Irish lists will have a much more logical/friendly layout, comments would be welcome on this as it is very much a 'work in progress' project at the moment.

1. All Channels
2. Entertainment
3. Lifestyle
4. Movies
5. Sports
6. HD Channels
7. News
8. Documentary
9. Kids
10. Music
11. Shopping
12. Religion
13. Freeview
14. MT
15 Islamic
16. Asian
17. Box Office
18. Irish Variants
19. MT
20. MT
21. MT
22. MT
23. MT
24. All Hotbird
25. Entertaiment HB
26. Cinema Hotbird
27. Kids Hotbird
28. Al Jazeera Sport
29. Sport Hotbird
30. Sky Italia
31. Adult Astra
32. Adult Hotbird
Errors & exceptions should be notified here & will be addressed

Instructions for installing this list
This will probably work for most Openbox/Skybox models

1. Extract the downloaded file & copy contents (TP_PROG.dbs) to USB drive formated to fat32.
2. Plug the usb drive into the box.
3. Press menu on the remote and go to 'Edit Channel' and delete all your channels.
4. Exit back from the 'Edit Channel' menu and go to the 'Tools' menu
5. Select 'Upgrade by USB'.
6. In the next Window that pops up, use arrow keys to change top line to 'MISC FILES'
7. Move down to 'SELECT AND UPGRADE'
8. A new window opens, select 'TP_PROG.dbs' press green button to place a tick by it and then press Yellow button to upgrade
9. If the box asks you to confirm anything just press Yes.
10. Reboot box & Enjoy

Attachments

• TP_PROG_07_11_2013.zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,814
Last edited:
Sorry forgot you cant pm yet. So i follow your instructions and thats it done? I do not have to do anything else before i attempt only i,m new to this not done it before and dont want to bugger it up.

Will this be updated regularly?

Great job if so.

Thanks

Yes, I have been maintaining this list elsewhere for about a month now & a weekly check is the minimum but in the light of serious changes such as the recent Primetime PPV being secretly relocated then an immediate correction will be posted.

Tried your channel list and its worse than before. All jumbled up. When I select a fav group, for example movies, I get one african channel and there are an awful lot of channels listed as not used?????
I,m guessing this does not work with my firmware, have reloaded older list and works ok and has even removed some of the crap i was trying to get rid of.

Last edited:
Tried your channel list and its worse than before. All jumbled up. When I select a fav group, for example movies, I get one african channel and there are an awful lot of channels listed as not used?????
I,m guessing this does not work with my firmware, have reloaded older list and works ok and has even removed some of the crap i was trying to get rid of.

Sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with this list, I have it running on two boxes here without any issue & across this & other forums it is hosted on there have been hundreds of happy users & no reported issues.
Did you read the first post & notice the explanation about the different approach to the Favourites implementation?
Also it is recommended to delete your existing list first.

Sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with this list, I have it running on two boxes here without any issue & across this & other forums it is hosted on there have been hundreds of happy users & no reported issues.
Did you read the first post & notice the explanation about the different approach to the Favourites implementation?
Also it is recommended to delete your existing list first.
Hi m8, yes I did delete my original list first but what I wanted was a more personal list and although yours is a very comprehensive one,, that I commend you for, unfortunately it did not work properly with my system and to be honest I did not relish the fact of having to spend hours and hours editing it to my own taste. I elected to start with a very basic list and add at my own leisure. Many thanks for the time and effort you put into your list though, well done.

New Year Update

To further expand the flexibility of this list it is now offered in TWO flavours;

1. The original Sky-numbered with Hotbird 13E
2. New Astra only Sky-numbered

Favourite lists have been re-vamped to match the list in the first post;
Adult List is now pushed down to section 31 & all the channels are locked (password '0000' unless you have changed yours locally)

Numerous changes from the last update, mostly minor but the most significant are;

Sky Movies Christmas now becomes Sky Movies 007
Sky Movies Christmas HD now becomes Sky Movies 007 HD
Sky Sports 1 HD new frequency
Sky Sports 2 HD new frequency
TV X Brits returns
Geo News International (Pakistan) goes FTA

Thats all for now folks

Correction Update

Due to a couple of errors with Sports Channels HD 3 & 4, a new update has now been posted, the error occurred due to the fact that these two channels are due to be switched but hadn't actually been done yet.

Last edited:
Update 08-01-13

UPDATE 08-01-13

Due to some recently discovered errors with the Audio PIDs on some MTV channels a new update is indicated so the new versions of both lists are now available for download.
Summary of changes in this revision:

Channels 352-357 (MTV) now have correct Audio PIDs
'Christmas 24' now becomes 'Movies 24'
'Christmas 24 +1' now becomes 'Movies 24 +1'
'Geo News International' is now encrypted
Various other minor revisions.

Tested & working on S9, S10, S11, S12, F3, M3, X3 & Skybox F4, this list will give correct channel selection with standard Sky numbering so by referring to the Sky online TV listings guide & entering the channel number will get the right one.
I have no reason to suppose that this will not be perfectly good for other Openbox/Skybox models not listed.
I have a communal dish system here I have included Hotbird on 13E with some favourite lists ordered by provider.
The secret of the Openbox/Skybox channel selection by Sky numbering lies in the rudimentary way it always takes its numbering from the favorities list you used last so for correct channel selection the first favourite list is for 'All Channels' so if you prefer channel numbering over boquets then this is the one for you.
I have also rearranged the boquets to break down the International list into Islamic/Arabic, Asian & others & pushed the Adult one further down the list, the Dating one has been discontinued.

The list is currently up to date for 08/01/13 courtesy of the usual references.

Boquet list; unfortunately the list has to be renamed from the remote after uploading this is due to the failings of the box firmware, with the latest firmware the Favourite List names are remembered when updating the channel lists.
I have also developed a way of ordering favourite lists so to demonstrate, the Sports, Entertainment & Irish lists will have a much more logical/friendly layout, comments would be welcome on this as it is very much a 'work in progress' project at the moment.
The Sky Sports Active Favourites are labelled with their original channel numbers at the moment, as I never use these channels some help with the correct designations would be welcome.

1. All Channels
2. Entertainment
3. Lifestyle
4. Movies
5. Sports
6. HD Channels
7. News
8. Documentary
9. Kids
10. Music
11. Shopping
12. Religion
13. Sports Active
14. MT
15 Islamic
16. Asian
17. Box Office
18. Irish Variants
19. MT
20. MT
21. MT
22. MT
23. MT
24. All Hotbird
25. Entertaiment HB
26. Cinema Hotbird
27. Kids Hotbird
28. Al Jazeera Sport
29. Sport Hotbird
30. Sky Italia
31. Adult Astra
32. Adult Hotbird
Errors & exceptions should be notified here & will be addressed

Instructions for installing this list
This will probably work for most Openbox/Skybox models

1. Extract the downloaded file & copy contents (TP_PROG.dbs) to USB drive formated to fat32.
2. Plug the usb drive into the box.
3. Press menu on the remote and go to 'Edit Channel' and delete all your channels.
4. Exit back from the 'Edit Channel' menu and go to the 'Tools' menu
5. Select 'Upgrade by USB'.
6. In the next Window that pops up, use arrow keys to change top line to 'MISC FILES'
7. Move down to 'SELECT AND UPGRADE'
8. A new window opens, select 'TP_PROG.dbs' press green button to place a tick by it and then press Yellow button to upgrade
9. If the box asks you to confirm anything just press Yes.
10. Reboot box & Enjoy
this is the best one i have got so far

February Update
Numerous moves & changes this month, a few notables are;

'Sky Showcase' becomes 'Sky Oscars'
'Sky Showcase HD' becomes 'Sky Oscars HD'
'Sky Modern Greats' becomes 'Sky 007'
'Sky Modern Greats HD' becomes 'Sky 007 HD'
'Sky News HD' is moved to a new frequency
3 new shopping channels, 'Sparkle TV'(667),'Twinkle TV'(683) & 'The Mall'(682)
'More 4' on (138) has now gone HD
The old 'BBC One HD' slot is now taken by 'BBC One HD Wales'
For STV users you can either do a channel swap or direct zap with;
953 STV HD
954 STV +1
955 STV North
956 STV West
957 STV East
Please feed back any errors that you find......

Files available in the first post of this thread.

I'll be honest, its too time consuming for me to do that, so thought if i mentioned it here, the author will post an ameded file as we can all says thanks to him for his great wrok

hi ive noticed some of the asian channels have changed freq today, i.e star plus hd, colours and zee tv

Hi, I'm not sure how you are having trouble with these channels, I have just tested them all on an F3 box here with the currently published list & they are all clearing fine plus I have not seen any reference to changes to these from the usual sources or a Blind scan from my PC based scanner.
However, a new list will be out in the next few days to address a couple of final issues that have some of the SBO channels incorrect, a problem that seems to have plagued all other published lists, especially those that use the old SgtFlipflops lists as their base.
Of course this will only be noticed if your provider gives out weekend PPV options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back