The Latest And Easiest Wii Softmod Yet - letterbomb included (Jan 2012)

Stay as you are,it ill ask where you are and work with what you have

Did it and got everything on the SD card. Followed a you tube video that showed me what's to be done. Now that I have everything on the SD card, I can't find any video to show me how to install it and what are the steps to be carried out once I put the SD card in the Wii. Any ideas.

run modmii again and select y to print out guide for install

I got the guide and completed the following:
1) Installing The Homebrew Channel and Bootmii as IOS
2) Install a patched IOS236
3) Install Priiloader
4) Install WADs

I did not do the follwing
1) Making a NAND backup
2) Manage Wii backups using Wii Backup Manager (optional)
3) Configure/Customize Configurable USB-Loader (optional)

Hope I am on the right track. The image below. Do I need to do anything from it. I read through it but somehow could not understand if I needed to do anything. Please help here.

Final Step.jpg

If what I've done until now is correct, how do I get the games.

Thanks for still helping this lost soul out.

yep on the right track,you could get the config loader or wiiflow and install either of them,you then have a usb loader,then you get a game or games and put on a usb stick or harddrive,plug it into the usb slot at the edge of the wii and you will be good to go,the wii backup manager is a good tool for adding the games on your computer to the hdd or usb

yep on the right track,you could get the config loader or wiiflow and install either of them,you then have a usb loader,then you get a game or games and put on a usb stick or harddrive,plug it into the usb slot at the edge of the wii and you will be good to go,the wii backup manager is a good tool for adding the games on your computer to the hdd or usb

Thanks for that quick reply. I'm happy I'm on the right track. Couldn't have done it without you.
1) Knowing me what do you recommend, config loader or wiiflow.
2) The games. Can they be PAL/NTSC (any format).
3) Currently downloading "Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)(PAL)(Multi5).iso. It is 4.38 GB. Can I straight away play the iso file or do I need to convert it to wbfs.
4) What does the usb stick/HDD format have to be. Fat32, NTFS, etc.

Get wii backup manager for your computer,Dan posted a link and tut in the wii section,it will go on your computer,your hdd can be ntfs for speed,it will create a wbfs folder on the hdd,i prefer wiiflow to config loader,your iso is fine but i would recomend getting WiU1.1 to patch the game so the updates are removed and any other niggly little errors,your basicaly region free now,if your using a very old telly and living in a pal region your ntsc games may end up in black and white,if its a fairly modern tv you will be fine

Thanks for posting all of this. My sons had Smashmouth Bros. Brawl, game got scratched, so I'm looking for a way to softmod Wii to play a backup double layer DVD of the game. -- Eric

Wheelo and Sinno -- I started this procedure tonight with my son. Everything went well until I got to the Install IOS 236 step. After putting the Pack 2 Apps on the SD card, and placing the card in the Wii, we went to Homebrew, but when we loaded IOS 236, the screen said "Exception (DSI) Occurred," "Stack Dump," and "Code Dump," with a bunch of numbers listed, and it was frozen, there was no way out of it. I know I haven't told you everything about our unit, but all steps until then worked fine. Any ideas? Thanks!! -- Eric

Sorry esb100 have been very busy lately,did you get ios236 on to your wii or is it the loader app that is causing the crash,i will check in and keep an eye on your progress,no harm in sending me a pm if i dont see your post,i should get a notification and will check in with you here straight away

year 2013, still using your tutorial for another wii.
thank you.

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 PM ----------

sorry for my previous post,
i didn't know that it is forbidden to thank like that.

this is my question:
i have a 4.2e wii;
should i update to 4.3 or use bannerbomb?

because bannerbomb official website says to update:

thank you.

Doesn't make a huge difference, if you feel comfortable enough doing this sort of mod, using letterbomb as step one should be no problem to you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i updated system to 4.3e and used letterbomb. now using bootmii backup. thank you wheelo .

ps: it's OK. i followed every step :)
could you recommend an usb loader?

Last edited:
If you go to post #105 by Sinno, he gives links for both Wiiflow and CFG loader. Both are excellent .
Sorry, I would give you links, but I'm on the phone and can't.

If you need help, both Sinno and myself will try our best to help you out.

I'm looking forward to trying this, but the page won't let me download it. Keeps saying I need a post count of at least one. This is my 3rd post.. Sigh.

Thank you very much for this. First time with the wii bought it for lil bros 4th bday. Hacking it in 2013, so many years later =).

My husband and I have been trying several techniques and tutorials to get this to work for us and it just won't. We have homebrew channel working but then when we try to load up our roms, the system shuts off. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? thanks!

Elizabeth

My husband and I have been trying several techniques and tutorials to get this to work for us and it just won't. We have homebrew channel working but then when we try to load up our roms, the system shuts off. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? thanks!

Elizabeth

Have you tried this tutorial Elizabeth? If so tell me exactly which step you are on and I will help you out.
If not, then try it, it is very simple.

Back