The not so secret project - teaser

As this will probably be finished in the next few days, which forum do you think I should post it in...

General Satellite?
H2H?
2S as that's where my other skin lives. And that's my home. ;)

Last edited:
That's one of the problems with this site, many posts are relevant in so many areas and can be missed unless you check them all. In fact the whole splitting by model isn't always sensible when many of the different hardware models run identical software so prompt the same questions and suggestions.

Anyway, that having been said, and in the absence of a 'skins and plugins' area I'd vote for 2S.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with you. I really don't think the zgemmas need separate sections at all. Nearly all the questions can be posted just in one zgemma section. Yes you might get cable specific questions, and satellite specific questions, but does no harm having them all in the same place.

As for a skins section it might be time to ask for one of these now. Especially as Chabs is being a bit more active on here. I will have 2 skins. there is questions now about 1080 skins. We still have people using legacy skins like, fraggle skin and blue hd.

Yep, fully agree. If the mods are listening I'd go down the exact path as you regarding the zgemma sections.

From comments on here it seems people are going to get confused or bored if I put my own fake tv screens in at the top.

After hours of searching the net I couldn't find the actual virgin category icon set, so I have recreated them as close as possible.

These look quite cool now. Each screen is an individual graphic so people can put there own favourite tv shows in there if they so wish. Will be interesting to see if people do this.

v-icons.jpg

It's all part of the suspense. ;)
tv5.pngtv6.pngtv7.pngtv8.png

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ----------

And I am shattered from working on this all weekend, so no further updates tonight. Having a break from it tonight.

red backround.... :willy nilly: that's quite nice.

red.jpg

How long now. You said 105 other day

My maths must have been bad. I did another 30 yesterday, recounted and I had 104???? doh

This is mainly just vix screens, autobouquets screens, crossepg screens, 3rd party plugins screens, , motorised dish screens and a million network menu screens. That is all that is left. All the official stuff has been skinned. But I do things properly, so it's not being released until all these are skinned.

Last edited:
oh.... and then I have got to test every signal screen by doing every possible task my zgemma is capable off. Mission in itself. Then I got to load vix up and go through the entire process again. :(

@Kiddac, this looks awsome the attention to detail is amazing, I've just installed your slyk skin which is awesome as well, do you have any other skins you've designed?
whats next? lol i know ill be stalking your all your work from now on

Nope. Slyk was my first ever skin. I did alright with it. ;)

Vskin is my last skin... but I am pretty sure I have said that before.

All depends on feedback and how appreciative people are. Beer tokens soon make me forget all the long long hours.

Kiddac I know it maybe too late to request screens and fully understand if you dont want to is there any chance you can skin epgrefresh plugin? that's used by most people for virgin epg because both crossepg and xmltv importer doesn't display all the epg data thanks.
Heres my screen shots using vm hd 1.5
Ive go to say i like your red menu screen

main screen
epgrefresh.jpg
Epgrefresh functions
epgrefreshfunctions.jpg
Epgrefresh edit services
epgrefresh edit services.jpg

Last edited:
Back