The VPN 'myth'

80 - 100 per year

it may be expensive but it keeps the herds away who want to pay £1.99 a year along with 40,000 of their associates which then causes the problems you've been having

Yep, posted it twice already, I said if you deal direct with a server
the price is pretty much fixed, not much difference between them.

Some are better than others to be fair, but cheaping out will will cause you to
just want to lash the box through the window when the footy comes on. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Plenty of crap on the IPTV side at the moment, everyone making a quick buck on the back
of sat, plenty will be gone in the next few months.

Yep, posted it twice already, I said if you deal direct with a server
the price is pretty much fixed, not much difference between them.

Some are better than others to be fair, but cheaping out will will cause you to
just want to lash the box through the window when the footy comes on. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Plenty of crap on the IPTV side at the moment, everyone making a quick buck on the back
of sat, plenty will be gone in the next few months.
Completely agree the more you pay the better the service the least you pay the s****er the service I've seen it going at £5 a month and people been raving saying how good it is then low and behold come on here saying provider dissappear or moan and groan when football blocked or constant glitching and freezing

When the skybox F3 and F5 came out on sat
every man and his dog realised how easy it was to set up
and Ebay gifts popped up all over the place, seen them
advertised as 2yr, 5yr and even "life time" gifts in the past, it's just laughable.

Three months down the line they are gone.

So a reseller buys a load of lines at a discount from the cheapest server he can find,
he pays for 3 months usually, sells them on as a twelve month gift. BINGO !!!

Same sh@t different day, that's what is happening all over facebook with IPTV servers.

Forgive me for jumping in. What I dont get is, I used to use a provider who got blocked when the football started, all channels went off, football ended and all channels came back on, hence the reason why I dont use them any more. However, a friend of mine uses the exact same provider and his doesn't go off. We are both with TB for our internet and neither of us use a VPN.

This service was £80 year by the way so not a cheap one.

Does the person run the server ?

If you have a re seller the lines may be with two different servers.

Does the person run the server ?

If you have a re seller the lines may be with two different servers.

They say they run their own servers, but they could tell you anything in reality couldn't they. I'm trialling new ones now anyway, I was just wondering why it was the case. They must have different servers like you say or be a re-seller.

I have 2 subs with different IPTV providers (not resellers), I've been trying to explain to people like bees since May / June when this started that it's an ISP block and you get the same response from people who are unaffected all the time. Nothing you can explain will sink in but it;s a fact that 2 or 3 minutes into an EPL game the server and all channels on it go completely black, yet any other sporting event/PPV/Champs League runs without a glitch they'll still tell you it;s your servers fault and probably an overloaded server or cheap service.

Both mine went off the first week that the trial 'court order' as put into place at the end of last season... During the Summer one of my providers worked out a fix and they haven't had a single issue since. The other provider worked out a fix about a month ago and until that point it was a VPN every Saturday and that cured it straight away. No buffering, no overloaded servers.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the provider, in fact the bigger the provider the more likely to get caught and blocked - Surely that's pretty obvious?

As the season has gone on more and more providers have gone down, I can't see how people can deny it's existence still.

Saying if your provider is affected you need to move to a better one, that's nonsense - For a start people have 3/6/12 months subs they're not going to throw that money away, but more importantly, If your provider hasn't been affected yet then i'd be concerned that every weekend 'might be that weekend' when it does. At least if you're with a provider which has been affected you either have your VPN ready to stick on or they've already fixed the issue and you have nothing t worry about.

If you deal direct a some will allow you to login to a site
and you have a mini control pannel which you can order various lines from.

You can see if the line is active and see what channel your box is on through their site.
It shows connection times, ecm's and other stuff depending on what you are using.

If it's all done by Emails and messages I would suspect it's a re seller.

Not saying they are all bad, but there are plenty of rip off merchants on the IPTV side at the moment.

@jclappi, the court order is well known, nobody is denying it doesn't exist.
However trying to enforce it is another matter, the point I was trying to make is you shouldn't need a VPN to watch the footy on IPTV and as you said your server has found a work around.

Last edited:
If you deal direct a some will allow you to login to a site
and you have a mini control pannel which you can order various lines from.

You can see if the line is active and see what channel your box is on through their site.
It shows connection times, ecm's and other stuff depending on what you are using.

I have a sub with a reseller who has his own site and mini control panel though...

I have a sub with a reseller who has his own site and mini control panel though...

Wouldn't doubt you, just saying in general it's best to cut out the middle man, he has no control
over the servers quality, and that there are plenty of bad re sellers, not all, but plenty, especially for IPTV at the moment.

Sorry but I just don't buy it. If your footy goes off you have a crap server.

Work it out, how many people legitamatly stream content all hours of the day from loads of different sources ?

You have smart tellys with catch up, youtube, netflix, kodi, the list goes on and on

So how can an ISP work out you are streaming a footy game illigally, it's complete boll@cks

Find a decent server :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
yes i don't get this either.... i was with a provider a well known one was good until football was on again, and now its blocked all the time during football.

all we get is it's your internet is shit, your being throttled by your isp, there are literally 20,000 people online and it's just a select 100 or so with problems.

but all other channels of the same quality are all working well and not glitching at all... turn to the football channel and it's black screen or totally unwatchable.

i don't buy what there saying at all. like my isp think its ok to stream a movie channel but shit don't go streaming that footy channel or were going to block just that one channel. lol

i still aint found a good provider yet though, but there must be one somewere. all i seem to get is people selling the big providers package under different names.

yes i don't get this either.... i was with a provider a well known one was good until football was on again, and now its blocked all the time during football.

all we get is it's your internet is shit, your being throttled by your isp, there are literally 20,000 people online and it's just a select 100 or so with problems.

but all other channels of the same quality are all working well and not glitching at all... turn to the football channel and it's black screen or totally unwatchable.

i don't buy what there saying at all. like my isp think its ok to stream a movie channel but shit don't go streaming that footy channel or were going to block just that one channel. lol

i still aint found a good provider yet though, but there must be one somewere. all i seem to get is people selling the big providers package under different names.

I think I had the same provider as you, as those excuses sound very familiar. I totally get how you feel everyone seems to be a reseller of the same servers.

I'm giving in and getting a vpn to see What difference it makes, it will still be cheaper than going back to sly!! If the von makes no difference then I am no worse off, but at least I can satisfy my curiosity.

Pretty much every trial I have is shit so it's got to be my isp throttling, I can't be that unlucky to get all bad servers. Weird thing is kodi, terrarium tv etc all run fine. IPTV generally runs well until the match starts no matter what service I use so TB must be dicking around with my connection somewhere.

one of the major providers has this disclaimer on their checkout page

**** ******* recommends Private Internet Access to protect your privacy and to bypass any blocks imposed by your ISP. Please note that this product is not sold by *** ****** but is a separate purchase at the Private Internet Access website. WARNING: UK ISPs are blocking access to the service while football is in progress. It is likely that UK customers will be blocked unless they use a VPN

This is nothing to do with ISP blocking then as if it was, why wouldn't your provider say so, rather than just blame throttling? Much more likely to be problems server side or with your ISP - Many do throttle

I'm giving in and getting a vpn to see What difference it makes, it will still be cheaper than going back to sly!! If the von makes no difference then I am no worse off, but at least I can satisfy my curiosity.

Throttling is done by port numbers, that's one way your ISP differentiates between what you're doing on the internet. It may be that they are not intentionally throttling streaming as Netflix etc uses different port numbers to your IPTV servers. Check Firewalls on your router as well, but a VPN would be a good option to test the theory out. Try Digibit, it's designed specifically for streaming and speed drops are minimal and it;s only £2 a month! or IPVanish currently have a 60% off voucher floating about.

This is nothing to do with ISP blocking then as if it was, why wouldn't your provider say so, rather than just blame throttling? Much more likely to be problems server side or with your ISP - Many do throttle

Throttling is done by port numbers, that's one way your ISP differentiates between what you're doing on the internet. It may be that they are not intentionally throttling streaming as Netflix etc uses different port numbers to your IPTV servers. Check Firewalls on your router as well, but a VPN would be a good option to test the theory out. Try Digibit, it's designed specifically for streaming and speed drops are minimal and it;s only £2 a month! or IPVanish currently have a 60% off voucher floating about.

Digibit is certainly cheaper than IPVanish. I dont suppose you have any guide for installing it onto an H2s, I have seen the guide that is floating around on the numerous threads for IPVanish and it's a very detailed guide, but it's specifically for IPVanish. I tried another ramdom VPN, cant remember the name.....some cheap rubbish, but I just got lost trying to get it onto the H2s and gave up. If not, I will just go with IPVanish and use that guide.

I've talked somebody through it before on here, I did it from the IPvanish guide really though as they're pretty similar but they don't have any guides on their website. I'll try to find the thread as I can't remember off the top of my head

Ok, so these are very basic instructions but there's really not much to it.

You need to open a ticket with Digibit to get them to send you the Openvpn files for enigma2's as they don't have them available to download from their site.

If you haven't got OpenVpn installed on your box already you need to go through Menu>Setup>System>Network>OpenVpn and that should configure that.

Then if you can get on a laptop / PC it's probably going to be easiest.

If you use Windows explorer to browse to the ip of your h.2s and you want to be in the /etc folder

You need to pick one of the opvn files from the folder you got from Digibit. Then copy that and the .crt file into etc/openvpn on your h.2s. If the folder's not there you need to create it.
Then if you create a text file called login.txt and put your username and password in this textfile on separate lines, then put that in the same folder.
Then edit the opvn file in notepad and add change the line "afterauth-user-pass" to "afterauth-user-pass login.txt" and save and then rename to Client.conf

You can also put as the final line in the conf file "log etc/openvpn/digibit.log" which will show you a log if you have any issues

upload_2017-9-28_11-38-40-png.26407

Then to start it up
Menu>Setup>System>Network>Openvpn and green button to run

Digibit is certainly cheaper than IPVanish. I dont suppose you have any guide for installing it onto an H2s, I have seen the guide that is floating around on the numerous threads for IPVanish and it's a very detailed guide, but it's specifically for IPVanish. I tried another ramdom VPN, cant remember the name.....some cheap rubbish, but I just got lost trying to get it onto the H2s and gave up. If not, I will just go with IPVanish and use that guide.

I think you're being premature with signing up to a VPN. Your primary complaint with IPTV is the general poor quality of the service, and it's very unlikely that a VPN will cure this. Leaving aside any issues with blackouts during PL games, your issues are most likely either caused by poor IPTV service or a faulty H2S box (I've experienced this, and also another member on here recently had a similar issue with a H2S). That said, if you can stream HD movies via IPTV Player on the box then the box is probably OK.

I PM'd you last week and suggested that you install Xtream Editor and then I can quite easily add a test service for you that I know is good. Why not give this a go first? This can then be your starting point, as if this is giving you trouble then you know the issue is not with the IPTV, so will either be your connection quality or the box. I would only go down the VPN route once you know everything else is ok.

P.S. I've been through the IP Vanish setup for H2S and have got it working pretty well. I've had to change from Vix to ATV in order to get it working though.

Back