1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Thinking of Getting IPTV

Discussion in 'IPTV Guides Support and Discussions' started by tdvguy, Jan 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM.

1. tdvguy

tdvguy Registered

Hi,

I used to have a $ly subscription, but I cancelled it after the loss of many channels. I'm mainly interested in a package with sports, british and international, with ppv and catch up. I have an android box and I know that I can install an stb emulator, but the rest of my family aren't tech savvy, they just want to have something as simple as possible lol.

In that case, which box would you guys recommend purely for iptv? Also, I read elsewhere that people can have issues with the motion on hd sports channels, is this due to the boxes or the sources? If it's the latter then I'd rather stick to sd.

2. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    If they are not technical and want something simple then I would get a Firestick. Cheap, simple to use and simple to setup.

Problem with HD, that's a source problem generally.

NazoDoop likes this.
  3. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Which android box do you have.

4. tdvguy

tdvguy Registered

They're used to the satellite setup of turning the device on and going straight to the channels. Would something like a mag box suit them better?

If it's a problem with the sources, do people offer solid sd packages instead? I don't want to pay for something I won't use.

5. tdvguy

tdvguy Registered

One of them minix neo boxes, I forgot the exact model.

6. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    How old is it.

7. tdvguy

tdvguy Registered

A few years old. I know it has 2gb of ram and it was advertised to allow 4k playback.

8. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Should be fine to run iptv then.Install the mag emulator app and you will be surprised.

9. thesultan09

thesultan09 TK Veteran

The stb emulator android app is pretty good.I have it on an Openbox VX with only 1gb ram and it runs spot on.Obviously a good provider makes a lot of difference

10. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    With all the threats of mag boxes being blocked I wouldn't personally bother, but who knows if there is any truth in this.

Get a decent provider, for example, mine has their own app and it auto loads when my son's Firestick switches on.

I'm not aware of anyone just doing SD, but I could be wrong. Every supplier will have the odd blip, if they claim not to then they are talking out of their rear end....even with SD.

11. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

Get a firestick load it with stb emu or smarters pro and away you go mate I use stb emu Pro smarters and works really well for my iptv

12. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    Pretty much any Android IPTV app can be set to auto-load. Like @bazcfc1 has said, use IPTV Smarters Pro, that's what my provider's app is based on, there is an option in settings to auto-load, it's nothing to do with the provider.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:59 PM
  13. tdvguy

tdvguy Registered

I'm currently trying various suppliers, they all seem similar. Is a backup required or am I good to go with one reliable provider?

14. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

{bus driver
    Dublin
    One should be enough, if it is a reliable supplier.

15. tdvguy

tdvguy Registered

Sorry to keep bothering you guys, but my stb emulator won't start automatically when the device launches, despite the fact that I've set it to do so. It's installed on the internal drive. Any ideas?