Thinking of getting two BM5000s

Hi guys,

Thinking about getting two BM5000s and have them running on the same line and ip address. Has anyone got 2 boxes in their house running off the same router? If so have you had any problems with box lagging or internet getting slow?

Thanks

unless you inform your provider you want 2 boxes running you will get thrown out and banned from their server,its the mac ids are different in boxes.your boxes would double log your ips.

I run two BM5000s boxes, there are no issues.

One is wired direct to the router the other runs off homeplugs.

For £160 for the pair it is a cheap way of having twin tuner facilities.

Just move the HDD between the boxes for watching / recording.

You will need a server who advertises "multiroom" to run two boxes off one line.

unless you inform your provider you want 2 boxes running you will get thrown out and banned from their server,its the mac ids are different in boxes.your boxes would double log your ips.

The provider advertises multiroom mate so I will inform them about this at the time :)

---------- Post Merged at 02:02 PM ----------

I run two BM5000s boxes, there are no issues.

One is wired direct to the router the other runs off homeplugs.

For £160 for the pair it is a cheap way of having twin tuner facilities.

Just move the HDD between the boxes for watching / recording.

You will need a server who advertises "multiroom" to run two boxes off one line.

Thanks bess that helps me a lot. It is cheap for £160 that is true. The server does advertise multiroom so it is good to know that there aren't any problems with them

Thanks

most people dont tell them and get kicked off,at least you are doing research and will know correct route(y)

i have 3 blade media 5000s ( bedrooms ) and one vu+duo ( living room ) running from 1 router...all connected to the net by homeplugs.... my broadband is sky fibre and not had any issues with lags or anything.... all run fine

i have 3 blade media 5000s ( bedrooms ) and one vu+duo ( living room ) running from 1 router...all connected to the net by homeplugs.... my broadband is sky fibre and not had any issues with lags or anything.... all run fine

are you using the same line for all 4 boxes??? as long as the person you get the line from is fine with that other wise you'll be banned.

Taking a risk with using sky broadband and c/s I know other people do the same but it is risky.

I have 5 lines with the same server..... a triple line for the 3 blade boxes and a double line for the vu+ duo.... my server knows and I get a good deal for the 5 lines :-)

Back