Thinking of purchasing H2S

Kryton

Hi,

I'm looking for a box to replace my skyboxf3 and was looking at the H2S but not sure if to go for the H2H instead for future proof?
I did read that you can get a usb tuner but can't seem to find it so I don't know if that is now no longer available?

Also I wanted to make sure that when using autobouquets does that update the channels when the frequency changes? Also can you tell it how often to look for any updates or is it done automatically?

Thank You.

Can't answer about the USB tuner but the ABM does update automatically - usually at night if that's how it's been setup. Box needs to be either left on or on standby for it to update.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

H2S is for twin sat connection and the H2H is for those who can have Vermin cable connection.
EPG is done daily and is automatic for channel updates once it is set up.

Thanks for the replies.A final question, if I go for the H2H could I put a sat only image on it like the whoosh build in the sticky here or would I need to use the build in the H2H section along with a sat and cable line. Only reason I'm thinking of H2H is if the sat side finishes soon? then I'd use the cable line Otherwise I will just go for the H2S

There is a Wooshbuild V4 already for the H2H zgemma box so you could use that one.

Edision is nearly £30 dearer and offers little in the way of improvement over the ZGEMMAh2s/h range.
Limited number of users and limited to what builds have been done for it.
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us regarding the hassle comment ?

According to a buyers guide on here

"ZGemma 2S,(H.2S newer model) twin sat tuner, uses a modded Vix image and isn't officially supported by them, approx £70. Similar to the above twin tuners but cheaper, you can't update the image over the net and it will have to be done manually. It is an E2 type box so it can run other images which are officially supported like openATV which will give you the online update facility. "

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/77914-buyers-guide-best-box.html

Seems like £30 extra is worth paying so you don't have to regularly update the box all the time.

Please note I am a noob and stil researching boxes

I think edision is officially supported by openvix, unlike zgemma.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm a noob so still trying to read up on this, but it seems that the Edision does not need to be manually updated like the h2s/h and seems less problematic

And the zgemma running VIX is not able to update via internet and has to be done via USB !!
Zgemma boxes are officially supported by OPENATV and are updated via internet !!
Read the posts and you will find more problems with Vix updates than the few with Openatv.
Epg updates are done automatically daily so not sure what updates you are talking about ?
The easiest build to install is Wooshbuild which uses kiddac slyk skin ( both also zgemma openatv users)
Your comment re problematical is due to the handful of Edision users compared to thousands of Zgemma users.

And the zgemma running VIX is not able to update via internet and has to be done via USB !!
Zgemma boxes are officially supported by OPENATV and are updated via internet !!
Read the posts and you will find more problems with Vix updates than the few with Openatv.
Epg updates are done automatically daily so not sure what updates you are talking about ?
The easiest build to install is Wooshbuild which uses kiddac slyk skin ( both also zgemma openatv users)
Your comment re problematical is due to the handful of Edision users compared to thousands of Zgemma users.
I used the new wooshbuild on a new zgemma h2s box for a customer for the time yesterday as they had seen it on a friends box and asked if i could use the same image,and i must say it is very well done and very user friendly,it allows online updates and has some great plugins to use for streaming movies,I am an openvix fan myself so if you are looking for a supported box for openvix the edision is a good option as it has built in wifi which is a nice extra,If you are looking for a good twin tuner with ongoing support by woosh and benijofar constantly trying to improve things and your looking for a lower end price then the zgemma is a very good box all round

Back