Thinking of upgrading to a 4k TV

mrnelson2

hi i currently have zgemma h2s box running through my current 1080p tv its great, however just wondering if i upgraded TV to a 4k would it be quality still be as good or pixilated? or can i buy a new box that will upscale quality?

many thanks

It won't be pixelated but can't confirm the upscaling as this will depend on the tvs capability.

Capability as in is the TV capable of good upscaling. I don't know enough abut the TV you mentioned I'm afraid but as said there's no reason why it would be any worse

Capability as in is the TV capable of good upscaling. I don't know enough abut the TV you mentioned I'm afraid but as said there's no reason why it would be any worse

it does say it upscales by 4×1080 or something to that effect

dont know for sure, but i think i saw something about newer models in gemma boxes are enabled for 4k, thats why im also wondering would there be much of difference in qaulity

There are 4k zgemma boxes but personally I haven't bothered yet as there is no 4k content available on these boxes

There are 4k zgemma boxes but personally I haven't bothered yet as there is no 4k content available on these boxes

yea i get what you mean, just thought id ask if anyone else has upgraded to 4k using h2s to see what their views in quality are

i had a h2s on a sony 4k

picture was normal looking

i would say it depends on the tv

but it doesnt upscale it to 4k
the tv changes res, to 1080p

There is no 4K content using Uk C/S, regardless of the box or TV you use.

My dad recently bought a new 4K Sony TV, the picture quality is the same as his old 1080p TV.

You need a genuine sky or cable subscription to see any benefit, unless you stream 4K content off the net.

He has an Ultra HD Netflix account but it's still not as good as the picture quality from the HD channels using cable C/S.

What you get out is only as good as the signal coming in usually 1080i or 1080p tops.

The picture quality in the showroom doesn't reflect the picture quality most people will be getting in their homes.

Sorry if this bursts your bubble but do you need to shell out for no improvement ?

I know my dad expected the picture quality demonstrated in the showroom at the time he bought it, but this wasn't explained to him, but why would they ?

Last edited:
There is no 4K content using Uk C/S, regardless of the box or TV you use.

My dad has a new 4K Sony TV, the picture quality is the same as his old 1080p TV.

You need a genuine sky or cable subscription to see any benefit, unless you stream 4K content off the net.

He has an Ultra HD Netflix account but it's still not as good as the picture quality from the HD channels using cable C/S.

What you get out is only as good as the signal coming in usually 1080i or 1080p tops.

The picture quality in the showroom doesn't reflect the picture quality most people will be getting in their homes.

Sorry if this bursts your bubble but do you need to shell out for no improvemet ?

I know my dad expected the picture quality demonstrated in the showroom at the time he bought it, but this wasn't explained to him, but why would they ?

hi thanks for reply, no not at all, the reason im needing to shell out mainly is because i also picked up new xbox one x, and would like to get full experience only problem is i also have to h2s running through same tv, and im weighing options up to see if its worth upgrading, thatd why im trying to get peoples views on it

No Tv can upscale to a higher transmission, that is why additional devices (such as Blu-Ray players) are sold. To give the customer the perception that a Ultra HD image can be made available. It is similar to the mid-noughties when 1080p Full HD entered the market, you need a device to enable this transmission to your TV set.
3D and 4K tech are short-term gains in the visual entertainment arena, whereas HD (720p and 1080p) have been long term ventures

Wouldn't you just use smart iptv app on your new 4K TV?
Problem will always be getting high quality streams / broadband connection speed trade offs.
Only advice will be that Sammy and LG use their own OS and are not true android tv, so no google play.

Have a Sammy 55inch 4K tv and using iptv - get some good FHD streams from my iptv service.
Best 4K streams I have got have been on youtube

What 4K tvs are you considering?

Last edited:
or if you like playing the ps4 that outputs at 4k aswell for a 4k tv ;) but as already mentioned alot of stuff out atm isnt 4k ready and most doesnte ven output at 4k that is out for 4k tv anyways

Hi.

I have same problem.
I bought very nice lg oled 4k TV. I have zgemma H2H with subscription and virgin cable.
Just realize that H2H have just 1080p output. Tv would probably upscale it very good anyway, but just wonder if I have any good solutions to upgrade box and get out 4k content from virgin??

I bought a 4k TV, waste of time personally. The only 4k I can watch is Amazon Prime, which doesn't have much and YouTube. Anything 4k on Kodi etc, my internet is not fast enough to play it, I should have saved a couple of hundred quid and just got an HD one.

Fair enough, it does upscale the PS4, but even that is not worth the extra money.

like all the rest
I went bought nice big samsung 65in 4k and VU+ultimo4k
All I say it was a move to early on the 4K
P.S
They are advertising 8k now..........?

Back