time shift error

help36

Morning all,

Hope everyone enjoyed the sun at the weekend.

I have a problem with my zgemma H5.2, using wooshbuild and have basically been messing (sorry i didn't mean to) and now have an error about my timeshift.

Basically i went into EPG-recordig- bookmarks- my USB stick and then had a load of things show up in my planner and started deleting things i did this as it said i had no memory and was hoping to make some more available.

So i don't know why i had no memory only using a 32gb usb stick but it was fine when i started.

So i have the following error:
the directory /media/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NFS or CIFS partition. make sure you select a valid partition type.

Is there an easy way to fix this please?

Also there are still some files showing in my program planner so i could delete again by mistake can i hide these so it will just show any recorded channels?

thanks for your help

Re do your usb drive

Initialise your usb/hdd

Plug in your usb/hdd device that you are going to be using as your
storage media into the rear of your box.

Menu... setup... System... Storage Devices... Initialisation

Creating a USB swap file (virtual memory)

Menu... Info Panel... Plugins... SwapManager...

Create (green button) this takes a few minutes
256mb (can be bigger if you have a larger device)
Activate (red button)
Autostart (yellow button)
Exit

Correct Set Up HDD/USB

Menu
Setup
System
Epg
Settings
Epg location.............../media/hdd.

Menu
Setup
Crossepg
Configure
Storage device............"ur usb"

Menu
Setup
System
Recording and playback settings
Default movie location......./media/hdd/movie/

Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
timeshift location............../media/hdd/timeshift
auto start timeshift after........ (i use 1 min)

i have previously setup the USB and had it running fine but now it doesn't appear to work because of my "messing".

i deleted my USB and tired to plug it in as a new device and initialise it this morning before work, but it still recognised so didn't treat it like new. i was hoping this would sort it out.

Home from work now and trying to sort this out.

When I turn the box on, change channel do anything I get the following error message;

Error
Creating hardlink to timeshift file failed!
The filesystem on your timeshift-device does not support hardlinks.
Make sure it is formatted in EXT2,EXT3 or EXT4!
[Errno 1] operation not permitted.

When I try and initialise the USB it says:

Error
Initialising storage device .... Error: Umount: can't unmounts /media/hdd: Device or resource busy

I had the USB working fine but as I said since I deleted something in program planner bookmarks its broken!

can anyone help please?

Get it on the menu ready. unplug the usb then plug back in and do it straight away - should work now.

don't know how to manually unmount the drive?

Ste I tried to unplug and plug back in but that doesn't appear to have worked?

Ste when I tried it your way it said,

Error
Initialising storage device ...
Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

You need to get it on the storage devices menu, stick the usb drive in and click on initialisation straight away and hit go - never failed me.

I have now initialised the USB but cant pause. When I go into menu - timeshift and try to save the settings it says.

error

The directory /media/hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NFS or CIFS partition.
Make sure you select a valid partition type.

If I reflash the box would I still have the same problem? I would have to do it from scratch but if it works it would be better than this.

Don't know what I have or haven't done but it appears to be working for now, I'm touching nothing!!!

Hopefully wont have any more problems, thanks for your help again ste

Haha nice one :)

They can be funny with USB drives.

I had to change the one in my friends box yesterday because it just decided to no longer want to read it.

Back