Time to throw away that zgemma enigma 2 box

No mate, get a decent provider and your epg etc will be loaded as normal, updated daily and bouquets all automatically generated for you. I've tried xc plugin and xtreme tv and I'm not a fan of either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flash your box with the LATEST VIX image.
Install Slyk Skin, setup as you need.
Install ABM, scan for FTA Only, add picons.
Setup plugins for IPTV that you need.
You don't need other fancy stuff, I have several ZGemma's that did not work right on IPTV, flashed to default and minimal setup and works fine.
I think plugins are clashing somewhere.

i wonder if best to use a good mag box that is for iptv and leave satboxes for sat?

I got one for my mate the other week, he says it's rock solid.

Mag256, 1.5Ghz processor, £85,

Sat/Cable box with that speed what do you recon you are looking at approx £200

Everything else is usually 750 Mhz broadcom, still messing about with various things but my sister
is using a 750 E2 box (Golden Interstar LX2) and it's glitchy, they both use the same server.

Mac address login anginst an E2 plugin ?

so is it the speed or the type of connection ? or both ?

I find IPTV plugin good very impressed with UK series available and as I live in Spain no need to use a VPN as you would have to for BBC iplayer

Can i just say im using a zgemma star 2s and have just recently turned to iptv, and it runs extremely well on it through scripted bouquets. i had put it off for ages due to ppl saying the box is too slow for it.

im running wooshbuild v5, and couldnt be happier that i ignored all the doom mongerers.

No reason why it shouldn't.

I assume alot will be mostly down to the server and your internet connection.

Mag 254 and 250 had similar processer speeds to the average sat box (750 Mhz) so i'm not sure
how much that makes a difference, however I have now noticed picture break up on a few different 750 Mhz E2 boxes that you don't get with the MAG 256 or faster E2 boxes.
(All working off the same server)

Then there is the type of connection, MAC address or plugin, still messing about
with various setups so not sure of all the factors just yet.

Last edited:
Would a mutant hd51 box be able to play all iptv channels smoothly
Absolutely, as can a vu solo2 or similar spec box. The hd51 is a beast, records 3 streams while watching a 4th with no issues whatsoever.
e2 boxes are still by far and away the best option as long as you have enough time/patience to set it up correctly

I have trouble with my zgemma dropping and freezing out the picture. Also recording and time shift isn't right. The recordings stop after say 20 mins

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Better starting your own thread, in the right place to get help
Instead of jumping in another thread looking help

I have trouble with my zgemma dropping and freezing out the picture. Also recording and time shift isn't right. The recordings stop after say 20 mins

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
If it's IPTV, I'd forget about recording, unless you can find a supplier that actually offers it as part of their service

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

...also it's most likely internet or a bad supplier is the cause of your freezing ( if it's bad) as the channels are just streams wrapped up in nice wrapping paper they will drop out from time to time, changing up or down a channel and back again will sort this, also restart GUI daily

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

remember to also restart your router now and again. I had a friend who has an edison osmini which typically runs IPTV fine but yesterday he was experiencing stuttering on his streams. A simple reboot of router and five minutes later he was watching streams stutter-free

Back