Timeshift on IPTV?

oldgold1877

I've always used OpenVix on my Duo2 but now I've moved to IPTV timeshift doesn't work. I've seen that there are other builds that do support timeshifting IPTV streams, can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

It's Openatv that supports timeshift on IPTV but I do think you need multroom to use it so maybe vix is in the right place with having IPTV timeshift disabled.

Maybe one day it could be an extra option for timeshift iptv

ISTR reading this before but I haven't got multiroom cuz my provider locks the sub to one IP address (and I like to use it on my phone), but I don't get why timeshift should even need a "second" sub, isn't it just recording the same stream that you're watching?

Doesn't timeshift work on a single tuner setup?, that would only have a single satellite feed

I was just thinking that in theory if I disabled three of my tuners so I only had a single tuner would I still be able to timeshift a channel on the freeview satellite bouquet?.

I was just thinking that in theory if I disabled three of my tuners so I only had a single tuner would I still be able to timeshift a channel on the freeview satellite bouquet?.

IPTV Pause etc and Record is totally separate to your Sat Setup and how that records and pause.

...but surely it must work in a similar fashion;

1.digital data received (from tuner or IPTV stream)
2.data stored on hard disk
3.picture displayed on screen

As soon as you press pause, steps 1 & 2 continue as normal but the screen now plays from a recording on the HD rather than an incoming live stream/feed

Anyway I'm getting off topic, lol. So I'm reading correctly that timeshift works on open ATV (dependent on provider/multiroom situation)? I've only ever used Vix so I'm reluctant to flash anything else!!!

This is simply a Vix issue I believe as you should be able to get this working on ATV. You should only need a single sub as your way of thinking above is correct.

Yeah, I read elsewhere that timeshift used to be included in Vix but they took it out because it was buggy. I'm going to have to take the plunge and install openATV. It's just such a ball ache when you've got your box setup exactly how you like it :-(

Back