Tivimate And 4k Streams

Sometimes it goes grey just turn to FHD channel and change back to UHD sometimes the change dosent kick in I think.
This must be app/device dependant. I've seen this to work with formuler devices with mytvonline and tivi.

I think on balance the formuler z11 is better at handling them.

Not sure about buzz boxes

Reactions: m4u
Noticed been messing about you don't get the issues using IMPLAYER.

Last edited:
I use Tivimate and no amount of going forward and back between channels fixes the issue. Had no comment from provider so assuming he doesn't know either.

I use Tivimate and no amount of going forward and back between channels fixes the issue. Had no comment from provider so assuming he doesn't know either.
Try implayer. You can for free to test it. The thing about tivimate it hasn't had a update in ages.

These streams are the only ones that behave this way. Everything else - Netflix, Disney, Amazon, local files - all display HDR correctly.

Try implayer. You can for free to test it. The thing about tivimate it hasn't had a update in ages.
Newbie here.
I'm using a cheap m3u line as a backup to my main server. I've tested tivimate and implayer which work ok but can't get the catch-up, epg, favorites etc unless it's paid for.
I guess my question is, does anyone know of a media player that has these premium features for free.
cheers.

Newbie here.
I'm using a cheap m3u line as a backup to my main server. I've tested tivimate and implayer which work ok but can't get the catch-up, epg, favorites etc unless it's paid for.
I guess my question is, does anyone know of a media player that has these premium features for free.
cheers.
not all providers have catch up

not all providers have catch up
I have also had this issue using Sony A95k calibrated HDR picture excellent when viewing any other providers netflix Amazon ect ect been advised by engineer who did calibration that it's HLG that theses channels use that is the problem

Sorry to revive an old thread, but did anyone find a proper solution for this? I dont even have HDR enabled and the 4k streams still go dim.
If your TV supports HDR and it receives a HLG picture source the TV switches into HDR(HLG) mode.
I don’t think this can be disabled on TVs .
I know it can’t on LG TV’s.

Some TVS have a pop up notification to let you know that it has switched colour mode and on some TVs you can press the info button on the remote and it will give you information like aspect ratio, resolution, colour mode etc about the picture source you are viewing.
Also check what mode you SDR is set to depending on your brand of TV you may have different ones like Standard,Sport,Vivid, Game ect.
Same with HDR.
Same with Dolby Vision.

HLG has not got the same amount of colour depth that HDR10 has and won’t look as bright as other HDR10 sources from official streaming apps that use HDR10 and HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.

The reason HDR(HLG) could look dull could be down to a cheap TV with a low nits count.
Your device does not support HDR(HLG)
Poor HDMI cables.
You have adjusted your brightness levels up high on SDR mode and when it switches into HDR (HLG) mode the picture gets duller because each mode has to be set separately manually.
The mode type setting as mentioned above.
It may just be down to the fact that the channel is not actually UHD and it is just 4K SDR.

Last edited:
Back