TK Thanksgiving

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
This is just a simple image, it is basically just some text work and adjustment layers. Other than being a PS noob, my biggest issue is lack of imagination and artistic vision. I just sit and stare but never can come up with any ideas. Anyway, feel free to comment with likes or dislikes or any ideas on this image or any other for that matter. I will try to post more and I hope others will do the same.

thanksgivingday13.jpg

the happy thanksgiving text just ruins the picture, apart from that its not a bad attempt.. i mean you all got to start somewhere eh.. LOL

What part of the text ruins it? The style, the location, just having text in general? Constructive criticism is helpful, but blanket statements don't help anyone improve.

i mean you all got to start somewhere eh

As I said above, I would love for others to post their attempts, especially those who sound like they have more experience and expertise. It would be beneficial to the section.

I did some of this,at computer courses ferg.And found it very interesting.I will have a look back at a few things,and get back to you on this.Thanks ferg (y)

I am probably even more of a noob than you Ferg, but I agree the biggest problem is the lack of vision, some people can just imagine a scene, then create it.
I must get back to work on CS5 and see if I can come up with something.
If I were to comment on your own picture, I would say that the colouring of the Thanksgiving text is too close to the background, making it difficult to read.

Personally I think the "Happy Thanksgiving" text is ideally placed. I see it as shaped like a rainbow on the horizon which is in a way fitting of a harvest. (y)

I agree at where the text is placed, really goes in with the theme, looks like the top part of the sun?

Maybe you can change the angle of the texts slightly or make it bigger, as you have to look closely to read it? I'm not sure if that would ruin the effect but probably worth a try? I'm a photo editing noob myself. The photo editing software I use is Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004. lol

Its ok for basic editing fun. I lack creativity too, when it comes to photo editing I will probably have one idea in mind and then apply it to every single photo I edit. Something like:

Take the person or figure out, stick a background behind it, blend the person or figure into the background, blur the edges of the figure or person so it doesn't look like I've done it in a couple of seconds. lol

A nice attempt, the photo definitely caught my eye when I opened the thread.(y)

Last edited:
I think too that the "TK" actually takes from the picture. IMO it would look better without it.

Really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions everyone.

I would say that the colouring of the Thanksgiving text is too close to the background, making it difficult to read.

Wondered about the readability too, the coloring is the same as the background as the text has all of the fill removed so as to make all the effects of it stand out more. The drop shadows and embossing, etc. I was afraid that it detracted too much from the rest of the image if it stood out too boldly.

Maybe you can change the angle of the texts slightly or make it bigger,

I tried making it bigger, but then it covered up the sun, which I didn';t want. As I like it arching over the top of it.

As I said, I do appreciate the feedback and welcome any further ideas or suggestions. (y)

Back