TL-WR841N for 2nd Router for VPN for IPTV ?

cdub74

Hi

I am looking at buying a 2nd router to connect to my TV's to allow the IPTV to go through a VPN (and leave my main router to connect my other devices directly to my ISP).

My main router is an Asus RT-N66u and I am thinking of getting a TP-Link TL-WR841N and putting DD-WRT on to it and then configuring Digibit VPN to the WR841N and then connecting my TV's to it?

Does anyone know if this configuration would work? And if so if the WR841N would be a good choice for a VPN or would it be too slow.

I went down this route but purchased a preconfigured liberty shield router at 30 bucks, came with 1 month access then you can pay monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly or yearly charge. It is more expensive than digibit but it works an absolute dream. I have vu zero box, blu-ray player for netflix (dont have smart tv , wife says the one we have works just fine :() and network plug for additional zero box in bedroom all running off the additional router, no issues at all with watching iptv and have to say the freezing/buffering has all but disappeared. Its true what they say you get what you pay for!!!

Back