TM nano 3T internal or external cable tuner?

channelking

Hi guys

So I just want to know with my current box is it possible I can replace one of the sat tuners with a cable tuner or would I require an external tuner? If the latter which is the best external tuner and would this be costly?

The purpose is to have a second cable tuner preferably internally to be able to swap out the dead sly channels with VM channels and also want to record and watch with two cable tuners?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aright so there is no possible way to swap the internal sat tuner for a cable one?
I know some boxes can have swappable tuners thought this was one of them.

Is it possible to get the same type of tuner externally like the one internally for cable as would want the best one which wouldn't cause issues? In not sure new to external tuners as not sure which is best one and whether it would cause problems with internal cable tuner.

Thanks mate.

Unfortunately I haven't got enough to get a new cable box.

Thought external tuner would be cheaper option.

So if I get external tuner is it likely I will have issue with it conflicting with internal tuner?

A whole new cable box is expensive.

Unfortunately I haven't got enough to get a new cable box.

Thought external tuner would be cheaper option.

So if I get external tuner is it likely I will have issue with it conflicting with internal tuner?

A whole new cable box is expensive.

you can get a basic [very basic , ie not E2] cable box for £40
an E2 cable box can be had for £60 ish

Trust me mate that is still bit much for me.

Was looking at an external tuner for £10-£20 but honestly not sure really don't want issues with it.

I never said I wanted anything for free did I?

You are not in my shoes to know my financial situation. So how can you judge? Doesn't make any sense to me.

£40 might not be a lot for you but it is for some people who just getting by as it is ok.

I never said I wanted anything for free did I?

You are not in my shoes to know my financial situation. So how can you judge? Doesn't make any sense to me.

£40 might not be a lot for you but it is for some people who just getting by as it is ok.

I'm not judging,
yes, £40 can be a lot of money,
but, considering the price of a legit sub, its noit a lot in the big poiucture,
along with your other thread, you are not going to get a lot without an investment of about £100 realistically, for what you want, all channels in English HD
I'm sorry if that is beyond your budget,
but, it would also be wrong to give you a false hope.

Fair enough.

I am asking about motorised in the other thread for potential moving to that set up in the future when I should have some money saved up.

The external tuner is something I could afford if it is £10 as was suggested but with issues mentioned I don't know. Would appreciate anyone with an external cable tuner to give feedback please.

You have no idea how hard it is mate to try to earn anything.

Fair enough.

I am asking about motorised in the other thread for potential moving to that set up in the future when I should have some money saved up.

The external tuner is something I could afford if it is £10 as was suggested but with issues mentioned I don't know. Would appreciate anyone with an external cable tuner to give feedback please.

You have no idea how hard it is mate to try to earn anything.

believe me,
I know,
Ive had a shit 6 months,
Im currently trying to get some cash together for a cable box,
I threw the idea of getting a usb tuner out long ago, and am going for a proper cable box when I have some spare cash, but, SWMBO needs an E2 box,
Im happy enough with my multisat set up, but the wife isnt, so, its cable, happy wife, happy life

Ye i get you mate.

I do everything for my family and was looking into iptv and motorised for them.

I could care less about these setups lol I am happy with cable myself it's more for my family I am thinking of.

But you don't seem keen on external tuners so guess may not go for one.

Just have my HDD gathering dust as can't record with sly dead.

Ye i get you mate.

I do everything for my family and was looking into iptv and motorised for them.

I could care less about these setups lol I am happy with cable myself it's more for my family I am thinking of.

But you don't seem keen on external tuners so guess may not go for one.

Just have my HDD gathering dust as can't record with sly dead.

have a look here mate

http://www.techkings.org/threads/multi-lnb-65cm-dish-uk.127747/

some people have said it can be done on a standard sly dish,
I cant comment on that,
single output LNBs can be had for a couple of quid on ebay, and a homemade bracket would work,
might be worth a try if money is tight,
less than a tenner to lose.....

Back