TM NANO 3Tuner Help

rajigagi

Hi All I'm a total Newbie to this but am not a technical Noob and have read quite a lot of stuff from the various links in the forum and felt it to be the right time to post my question, so here goes:
I'm currently looking at this as a viable option Technomate Nano Triple Tuner - 1xDVB S/S2 + 2xDVB-C Receiver

My reasons for looking at this particular box are that I have both a Sly and Virmin Media live feed, so was thinking that I could use the single S Tuner as a backup if there were problems with the cable side of things and vice versa, or is this overkill?
The 2 C tuners will let me record one and watch another channel in HD if available, which if I'm right, I won't get with satellite?
Am I right in thinking that I need to request an N-line with a combination of both S and C, or will I have to get one of each which will mean that I would need to swap between cards as there's only one card slot on the box? (This is an area where I'm not really certain about).
Also, I've read through the Technomate threads and others and it appears that using Openvix is the best and most supported option since it auto-updates, is this right?
Lastly, I'm also aware that bees has made an awesome step by step guide for setting up Openvix on the E2 combo boxes..............So can anyone give me any feedback to my questions and how this box runs or if there are any other things that I need to be aware of, like ease of use, response, picture quality, etc. Any feedback is very much appreciated guys n gals, thanks in advance.

ive never had a tm nano but u answer right on everything and u dont use card slot vix is good image i can help u setup it no probs as know vix well

by getting 2 nlines one for sat and one for cable will allow record and watch other. maybe some providers do issue both for combos.

I have just set up the twin sat tuner version of the TM Nano M2 for my uncle and it is a nice box. It was smaller than I was expecting especially as it houses an internal hard drive. The bonus of the triple tuner you are looking at is the cable side only requires one line as it splits inside so no messing around. You could always start with cable and sort out the sky side at a later date, you may find that the two cable tuners are enough for your needs.

I used openvix and one of kiddacs wonderful skins and just fine tuned it to want it wanted. If you follow bees guide which you have already mentioned you can't go wrong.

Thanks very much for the replies guys I appreciate it and its good to know that I was on the right lines with what I'd read and researched.

I've looked into it further and have found a supplier who offers the box with Openvix flashed free of charge with 2 year guarantee, so does this mean that I won't need to use/follow bees E2 Combo tutorial as that will already be done?

Also, I have some spare Sata HDD and this can be bought with or without, so in you opinions, will it be easy to open this up and insert a HDD or would I be better off buying one to go with the box. I don't intend to do a great deal of recording, mostly for the Mrs for her soaps lol, so would a 64gb Kingston Pendrive suffice for this or am I better using both options?

Once again any feedback is very much appreciated and thanks in advance ; )

you will still need to follow the guide, even though it comes flashed it will need setting up. to install the hard drive you need to remove two screws on the side of the panel and slide it off, the front cover will need unclipping it to give you clearance. are they 2.5" hard drives you have? data wise it will depend on how much you record, cable/HD uses more than satellite.

Thanks very much for replying andyclemo. Yeh I've got a couple of 2.5" Sata drives so will try those as from what I've read, some of the boxes can be temperamental with certain drives and thanks for the heads up on still needing to use bees tutorial. So it seems like its all systems go for this project. Thanks all for help and advice and I'll post back to let you know how it goes ; )

Back