TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS recording problems

jigger121

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
With my technomate, when i am watching recordings back it freezes every minute or so even on freeview channels. My line is near basically perfect and when i am watching the channel while recording it there is no glitches but when watching the recordings it still does.
Using a toshiba 1tb external hard drive, openvix latest image, initalised on the box and converted to ext4 on the box.
Any ideas on how to stop it?
Cheers

USB 3.0 and mg1.38 but even on channels such as satellite freeview it is the same, so don't think it's the Cam setup

USB powered but just bought a two way connector to split the USB connection into two. Tried it in two usbs no joy, then tried it with one USB and another in the wall. Still the same. Running g out of ideas lol

what i would do there is remove hdd and try a good kingston,cruzer,or integral usb and try that to see if that portable is giving issues.

i have always stated if using external hdd they need to be mains powered as more and more posts with usb powered are getting posted.

yea still within my 14 days so going to try and swap it for a Kingston brand. Cheers for the help mate

yea still within my 14 days so going to try and swap it for a Kingston brand. Cheers for the help mate

Just to post an update:
I have fixed the problem with the playback freezes. After doing extensive research on this lol i have found that it is not a hard drive problem, in fact it is a problem with the extension cacheflush.
Having set up so many zgemmas i thought it was a nessecity to have it but, technomate supposedly does this automatically.
So to any one reading with playback issues, disable cacheflush then remove it from your plugins and restart.

Back