TM Nano SE Plus Network activity

Guido

My TM Nano SE Plus (twin sat tuner) does something really strange and I’m not 100% sure what it is doing or why.

It will behave for days flawlessly. But like this morning I walked past my 24 port switch and noticed port 13 (the one wired to the TM box) was lit up and flashing rapidly along with the port connected to the router.
The activity and connection lights on the box itself also were lit and very very active.

Usually when the box does this it has lost EPG info (on it’s own USB stick) and has failed to record anything that was due to be recorded.

I’m not sure what to try in order to stop this happening.

The box is on Vix, EPG is Cross EPG set to update at 4am, running Slyk skin.
Internal HDD installed, EPG on USB.
All connections are hard wired.

I have tried changing ports on the switch, and at the wall plate to change physical CAT 5e cables to the switch. No effect.

I guess running wireshark when this next happens might show something.

‘Elp!

Put openvix in search box (top right) and look for -
How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image
It's a great guide by Bees
Id send you a link but I'm using my phone

Put openvix in search box (top right) and look for -
How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image
It's a great guide by Bees
Id send you a link but I'm using my phone

The box already runs openvix, perhaps re installing it may solve the problem

no harm to format the usb and initialize it again for epg as i lost my epg a week or 2 ago ,my 8gb kingston is used for epg only.

no harm to format the usb and initialize it again for epg as i lost my epg a week or 2 ago ,my 8gb kingston is used for epg only.

Not a bad suggestion, I shall give that a try. Hopefully that will solve the network spamming!

Now ditched the USB and set up the EPG location as the internal HDD.
Have been finding the auto download of the EPG data causes my network to still get jammed, seems to be overnight when the EPG updates.
I also set a power timer to reboot the box some 2 hours later (4am) as a re-boot fixes the issue. However this morning the box looked like it hadn't re-booted and was in the same condition.

Question is, what affect if any would the settings relating to the standby/deep standby do to a box post EPG?
Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Mine the same

Interesting...

Not sure what to do about it, maybe run wireshark when it is misbehaving, might give some clues. But it usually is when I'm heading out the door in the morning.

If anyone has already found the cause and cure, besides running EPG download manually I'd be keen to hear it.

Made a couple of config changes:
at start of import the box is set to wake.
At finish it is left on, was previously set to go back into standby.

This has made no change, still network crazyness this morning.

Only making one change at a time to find the culprit.

Back