To update or not update , that is the question?

I've had my H5.2S for about a month now, I've got my box setup how I want (using 19.2 as well) and everything is running smoothly (after a minor hiccup with the HHD-which now seems resolved) . For the last few days I've seen a message box at top of screen telling me to update the build (I am on 5.003 atm) . I am normally in the mindset - "if it aint broke , it don't need fixing", Is this a "major" update that needs to be done & will give a noticable benefit or one that is their to fix some minor issues? Despite the above mindset , I thought lets try and I did do the sofware update (from blue button) as recommended in the guide foxman put together which did give me a "blue problem" screen & I thought "Oh no" but after a reboot it seems to have worked as there were no updates & all seemed to be back in working condition (but blank epg (soon resolved) and now i get open atv screen mid boot instead of the wooshbuild ones).
So back to the Woosh update , it is done from WB config and reflash box ?
Is it better to setup the box how i want it from scratch and not restore from the save file ? (which could just restore unknown issues into the new build)

The WooshBuild on the H52S is running on OpenATV 5.3 which there are no more updates for and all WooshBuilds will end up on OpenATV6.

The message you saw was more than likely telling you a new system message was available and not an update and sounds like you may have flashed OpenATV, could be wrong.

If you have your settings backed up you can simply reflash WooshBuild and restore your settings. This will put it back to how you had it (depending on when you made a settings backup)

Hi and thanks for your reply.
I believe you are correct with the system message and I have made a schoolboy error (learn by your mistakes as they say) BUT yes I have a backup (learnt from that mistake before).
I didn't think I flashed Open ATV as I normally associate flashing with some blank screens and FLSH on LCD display. While the update was happening I had visable screen with 2 progress bars.(Whether something happened after the error message). I want to update my LNB and cabling ,so will probably wait until that is done before I do a clean install (flash) of Wooshbuild and setup

While the update was happening I had visable screen with 2 progress bars.
This is what you see when the box is flashing when done using the system and not from USB. Same result, but the difference is that you see this one being done and not a blank screen when using the USB method. Either way you flashed your box back to a default OpenATV.

Hi, just done my zgemma h2s using open atv withwooshbuild 5, butmy box goes of after 20 minutes and comes up with a big skyQ symbol, any suggestions guys/girls any feedback welcome, I didnt have problems with atv 5.3 but with open atv 6 nothing but hassle, any suggestions, much greatfull.

no i checked with the servers and they were fine because i know other people with the same servers and they were all fine, cheers for the help tho :grin:

Back