Total IPTV newbie

Cautious

Hi,

I've got an LG smart to TV and am using the smart IPTV app. Could anyone give me advice on the following:

- The picture is great but I'm getting horrendous buffering despite having 40mbps wifi. Is there any thing simple I can do to sort this out? Would a box give me much better performance than the TV? Is it the channel list that is the problem?

- My PC has a VPN but my TV doesn't. Should I make sure that I have a VPNon the router if I'm going to use IPTV on my TV. Has anyone ever be prosecuted or contacted by their provider? My internet is with talk talk

Many thanks

Firstly, I know nothing of these Smart Tv's, but generally

First question,
Is there an option to hard wire the Broadband to the TV
Are you sure there is nothing wrong at your suppliers end - Or maybe test out the line with VLC (or similar) on PC to make sure it isn't at your end.

Second question,
Not all IPTV providors need a VPN to be used with their lines. Do you get 3pm football on Saturdays without VPN? If so, you don't need a VPN.
The Big guys - SKY, VM - Are not looking for you or I, they are looking for the server providers.

If
i get really bad buffering on wifi on my tv, get none tho using ethernet cable
If I was you mate use ethanet if you get no buffering with WiFi a lot can interfere with signal where as with ethanet its straight from router directly to box

If

If I was you mate use ethanet if you get no buffering with WiFi a lot can interfere with signal where as with ethanet its straight from router directly to box
Use the TP-link powerline adapters great job and in argos.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back