total newbie

bobetto

hi, sorry if this has already been posted. im total new to this, had an openbox just got a zgemma h2h. struggling to get the thing going. managed to set up my sat signal and scanned all channels for that. currently dont have virgin connection (will be connected to that soon).

basically im needing help getting the sky system settings back up and flashed. its still on standard open atv as its new out the box. i dont know what one to use etc as im totally new. if anyone can help at all would be great. thanks

thanks for reply systemlord.... yeah well i tried this using several usb,s but theyre not reading, i have formatted them to MS-DOS (FAT) i am on macbook. it says this is FAT32? keeps saying no local extensions found. help lol

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ----------

is there somthing i need to do in the settings on the box first so it can read the usb?

thanks for reply systemlord.... yeah well i tried this using several usb,s but theyre not reading, i have formatted them to MS-DOS (FAT) i am on macbook. it says this is FAT32? keeps saying no local extensions found. help lol

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ----------

is there somthing i need to do in the settings on the box first so it can read the usb?

you don't need a usb to install an IPK skin ; download Cyber Duck for Mac or Filezilla and open it up; enter you box IP address , username and password (password is blank by default and username is root) once FTP connection is successful open up /tmp on the box and drag the IPK skin file over to that location, then go to the 'install local extension' and the skin package will appear

after selecting yes to install the box will reboot and then you will need to go into skin setup in the settings and change to Slyk 1 HD ; the box will reboot again and when it comes back on you should have Kiddac's skin as your GUI

If you then have any questions relating to the layout of the skin it's best practice to read thoroughly through post one of the thread that systemlord linked above ; and for anything you can't find the answer to just reply on that thread if your question is related to the skin :)

hope that helps you

Back