TP Link WIFI Dongel problems

Hi All,

Please be gental with me as I'm a newbie! I have recently set up a Zgemma Star 2S with OpenVix Hades 10 release and got everything working and Sly ect, but having problems trying to get a TP Link WIFI dongle working. when ever I try to start the network wizard the box crashes and re-boots and dongle is not recognized. The wired LAN is the only one that works. My thoughts are that OpenVix that I downloaded from the official Zgemma.tv site is corrupt. could any one give me some pointers, or should I start again and re-flash the box, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I dont think you can use a Tp link Wifi I know the Skybox one works If your router is far away Try homeplugs even better

Ah cheers Tich, think I will try the Skybox dongle. Homeplugs for me are no good, got an old house with old wiring. if push comes to shove I will just have to install a network cable up into the bedroom and add it to my wired network. Going to sus out the Skybox dongles and buy one to try it out.

You might have to install the drivers from plugins, google the chipset in your dongle and look for the driver in plugins

Hi All,

Please be gental with me as I'm a newbie! I have recently set up a Zgemma Star 2S with OpenVix Hades 10 release and got everything working and Sly ect, but having problems trying to get a TP Link WIFI dongle working. when ever I try to start the network wizard the box crashes and re-boots and dongle is not recognized. The wired LAN is the only one that works. My thoughts are that OpenVix that I downloaded from the official Zgemma.tv site is corrupt. could any one give me some pointers, or should I start again and re-flash the box, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

TP-Link WM725N (8188EU chipset)

If it's any help....(excuse my forum ignorance....newbie) I managed to get this adapter working on my zgemma star 2s.
This link is to folder on my googledrive and includes the method that worked for me.
Hope this is helpful.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kk&usp=sharing

Back