1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple LNB monoblock

Discussion in 'Satellite - Motorised - Euro - Multi-LNB' started by jimzgemma, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    I think you need a bigger dish for these to work properly, 80cm plus, I read somewhere.
    I'm no expert though.

jimzgemma and steptoe like this.
  2. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

Male
    {Electrician
    NW England
    it actually says that in the advert

Only suitable for 80/85 mirror!

and

.inverto.tv/lnb/143/single-triplefeed-23mm-lnb-130e-160e-1920e-for-85cm-dish

3. jimzgemma

jimzgemma Registered

UK
    Silly question alert: So only a 80 to 85cm dish only or will a bigger dish be ok.

4. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

Male
    {Electrician
    NW England
    bigger the better,
    but that LNB will be at the sacrifice of any other LNB

5. jimzgemma

jimzgemma Registered

UK
    Cool. Got 1 meter dish. Would a diseqc switch work with it? Ive got a sky dish for my 28.2 feed.

6. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

Male
    {Electrician
    NW England
    I dont know, its complicated, those type of LNBs have an inbuilt diseqc of sorts,
    whether it would be capable of cascading or not is another story

jimzgemma likes this.
  7. jimzgemma

jimzgemma Registered

UK
    Interesting. Its on amazon for £26. Worth a punt and return if it does not work with a switch

rs500nutter likes this.
  8. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

Male
    {Electrician
    NW England
    up to you

jimzgemma likes this.
  9. jimzgemma

jimzgemma Registered

UK
    Found on there website:

Q: What is a wideband LNB?
    A:
    With a wideband LNB having only one local oscillator (e.g. 10.4GHz), and captures the full frequency spectrum of the satellite (300MHz to 2350MHz) which are delivered over two outputs from the LNB. One output carries all the vertically polarized signals whilst the second output carries all the horizontally polarized outputs. Whilst most of the current multiswitches on the market do not accept a wideband input the newer multiswitches such as newer Unicable switches are capable of accepting this as their input.

Caution: Wideband LNBs are not conventional twin LNBs. Wideband LNBs can be connected to a Unicable multiswitches that is designed for this purpose, or, if connected directly to a receiver, only with a suitable tuner.
    Q: What does Unicable mean?
    A:
    Unicable is a new method for distributing satellite television. Several receivers (currently up to 32 in accordance with standard EN 50607) can be connected to only one single chain which is not possible with a conventional satellite distribution (star distribution in multi-switch mode). For more information about Unicable, see www.inverto.tv/what-is-unicable-2

10. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

Male
    {Electrician
    NW England
    so,
    it wont work with a standard box then, by what that says

11. mike142

mike142 TK Veteran

Male
    I think that's just a FAQ list of Q&A, this is a monoblock lnb, not a wideband or unicable.
    It has a built in DiSEqC 1.0 switch & uses ports A, B & C.

steptoe likes this.