Trojan horse virus

pinkey

Can any one tell me how to get Trojan horse virus out from my computer I have tried installing free AVG antivirus software but I am getting arrears at the end of installing any help much appreciated thanks for your help.
:quote:

Start by picking up Process Killer

Code:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Process-Killer.shtml

Terminate the process, then install Malwarebytes. Run Malwarebytes then follow up by running Ccleaner both in cleaner mode and in registry to completely remove everything.

Once that is done, download a good Anti-virus program.

Both Malwarebytes and Ccleaner are available free. Just Google them.

Let us know if we can help further.

im speaking from experiance when i say trojan codes run right through avg,norton macafee and they will run backup files inside other directorys, you need to start in safe mode under administrator acc if there is one just safe mode nothting else then quiet simply run a search by searching in your pc for whatever the error box says and try not to click ok as there most times a trigger to reinstall untill its free again, try checking inside firewall allowed ports and so on for anything that isnt been added by yourself you can use microsoft security essentials then one part of the trojan is gone it will be visable to the system as broken linked installation program.
some really stupid ones are security.exe inside system32 but a trojan is real easy to remove just as long as you dont click error boxes when your pc starts up or trying to run a program.
hope thats helped you some m8 good luck

Hi 7thsinger
Thanks sorted, I did exactly as you said I installed malware then I perform a quick scan when the scan ended my computer rebooted then I used cc cleaner, then able to install AVG antivirus then I performed the scan again found the Trojan horse and I have now put them on quarantine my computer is running fine thanks for your help and time.

Cheers to 7th, a great piece of advice. Just to add, now that your system is stable, you may want to run a full scan of MalwareBytes just to make sure it doesnt spot anything that the quick scan missed out.

I will also add to the input when running Malwarebytes disconnect your pc from the net - that way nothing can get in whilst your running a full scan - best also to do it in safemode - thats what i learnt from the guys on here. Trojans are Nasty.
Also look up under the pc forums for other useful info to help protect your pc

Back