Trouble restoring a backed up image

Hi, I have 2 Zgemma Star H2 boxes. One has Wooshbuild Infinity installed (OpenATV 6.2) with numerous IPTV links included in the bouquet. I did a full back up of this (image) by saving to a fat formatted USB stick.

When I place this in the new Zgemma H2 box, the box picks up the USB, I press the power button briefly and the box screen reads "FLSH". The light on the USB flashes away for about 3 minutes, then stops, but the new image is NOT installed. Two questions:

1. Do the boxes have a limit on the size of the backed up file that can be used for a restor to a new box? I seem to recall seeing somehwere a limit of 120MB. My backed up image is 155MB.
  2. Can I use FileZilla to install the back up to the new box? I.e. install a basic build of OpenATV 6.2, then access its folders with Filezilla, transfer the backed up files to a location that will bring up that backed up image when I reboot the new box.
I really am struggling, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

put the usb with the bacup on it in the box you want to flash, boot box up & use the remote to navigate to the backup:
Blue button - flashonline - blue for local - yellow for devices then select your usb drive by its name, open all folders until you can see the .bin select then press green to flash. (thats from memory but with any luck you should be able to locate backup & flash your box)

Caution: IF you use a backup with an active code/line on it to flash a second box your code will also be on your second box, this is fine for multiroom IF your provider OK's this but IF... you try to dupe them & use in a different location you run the risk of having you code/line blocked serverside.

Last edited:
put the usb with the bacup on it in the box you want to flash, boot box up & use the remote to navigate to the backup:
Blue button - flashonline - blue for local - yellow for devices then select your usb drive by its name, open all folders until you can see the .bin select then press green to flash. (thats from memory but with any luck you should be able to locate backup & flash your box)

Thanks BeakyFord, followed your instructions and that worked. Cheers.

Back