Trying to flash wooshbuild...help please

ok chaps, ive sorted it after a lot changing and re installing I managed to get my hdd working and flashed wooshbuild. Amazing, truly is something else and beat all my expectations.
Thanks for all your hard work
Hi,ima having the same issue,i have a brand new zgemma h2s and when i flash my ubs i get the error messae of full hdd. How did you sort yours?

Please need help

Hi,ima having the same issue,i have a brand new zgemma h2s and when i flash my ubs i get the error messae of full hdd. How did you sort yours?

Please need help
make sure you have got right build for your box if you have do a full format on the usb on your computer not a quick format I had to do this on my sons usb before it would work usb,s or funny for some reason on zgemma boxes it took over an hour to full format my sons usb but it worked after give it a try

Please need help
What have you got on your box at the minute, does it boot up I am struggling to see how you get the error message saying the hdd is full. From usb it will either flash or it wont.
If you are trying to re-flash from wb config then check that your hdd is mounted as media/hdd

What have you got on your box at the minute, does it boot up I am struggling to see how you get the error message saying the hdd is full. From usb it will either flash or it wont.
If you are trying to re-flash from wb config then check that your hdd is mounted as media/hdd
my box is brand new it came with the default openAVT and im teying to flash wooshbuild for the first time.it flashes and boots up and the once i go through the steps answering what country,then area and the it says to confirm if i want to boot/download wooshbuild,at this point when i click yes to confirm it says ERROR .HDF memory full,you need at least 300mb.and i just cant seem to past this stage.

my box is brand new it came with the default openAVT and im teying to flash wooshbuild for the first time.it flashes and boots up and the once i go through the steps answering what country,then area and the it says to confirm if i want to boot/download wooshbuild,at this point when i click yes to confirm it says ERROR .HDF memory full,you need at least 300mb.and i just cant seem to past this stage.

If you are at the WooshBuild stage - Press and hold the standby button on the remote and select Deep standby from the menu. Once the box has shutdown, remove the USB device you have inserted and turn the box back on. Once fully booted (The BaseBuild video should play), insert the usb device in the rear port. Wait 10 seconds or until you get a message about "no playable media" Now press a coloured button to start Easy Setup and start again. Obviously don't change USB's when it tells you to as you should have already done that.

Or FAQs

Q29. Not enough space to Flash message when trying to flash WooshBuild online
Occasionally OpenATV will identify and “mount” your USB device incorrectly. This can cause the error message about “not enough space, you need 300mb”. To check that your USB has been mounted correctly: Red button -> Plugins -> Mount Manager
Check that your USB Device has been mounted as /media/hdd. If it hasn't, press the green button -> press the left button until the highlight bar reads /media/hdd and then save the settings.

Try the top bit :)

@Tmanxx...your usb is not correctly formatted.
Run the quick format again and retry.
Need to use a decent usb as the zgemmas are fussy.

Alright guys,I'm trying to upgrade from WB 5 to 7 via the plugin,I backed up reflashed but when it rebooted I was still running v5,help please

Thanks mate I'll try it,when I reflashed will I still be able to restore my settings from my other drive?
No I don't think so it will be a clean install you will need to restore settings manually that's why I say to make sure you have a copy of your line

What I do before I do anything to my box I make a complete backup on a USB stick transfer that to my computer. Then reformat the stick and flash then if it goes Tits up you can just put the backup image back onto the box and no harm done

I

ta mate,should I use a different flash drive to download the v7 so I can use my backed up data and settings?

I'd save the backup onto one stick and use a different one for putting the flash files onto but it's up to you, if you can transfer the backup files onto a laptop or pc then you can format the stick and use it for backup purposes f you only have one suitable usb stick.
As an aside, your dog is gorgeous and looks like a mischievous little bundle of naughtiness. :):grin:

I'd save the backup onto one stick and use a different one for putting the flash files onto but it's up to you, if you can transfer the backup files onto a laptop or pc then you can format the stick and use it for backup purposes f you only have one suitable usb stick.
As an aside, your dog is gorgeous and looks like a mischievous little bundle of naughtiness. :):grin:
cheers for the advise ill try it out,and the dog! shes an absolute nut job

Back