Trying to flash zgemma

I only ever use Kingston USB pen drives for flashing, a cheap 4GB is all you need, never had any problem with them.

Anyway here is a simple step by step guide to flashing the ZGemma Star 2S for those who have trouble:

01: Create a folder on your desktop called "ZGemma"
02: Download the image of your choice and save it in the "ZGemma" folder you created
03: Right click the zipped file and select "Extract Here"
04: After extracting you should have a folder that says "zgemma" (forget the other files if there are any)
05: Format a USB pen drive in "Fat32" ( I prefer to uncheck the quick format box)
06: Go back to the "zgemma" folder, right click and select "Copy"
07: Go to your USB pen drive, right click and select "Paste". The "zgemma" folder will now appear on the USB pen drive
08: Switch of the power at the back of the ZGemma Star 2S (white button)
09: Insert the USB pen drive in the "REAR" USB port (it will not work from the front USB port)
10: Switch on the power to the ZGemma Star 2S
11: You should see the letters "FLSH" on the front display panel (do not press any buttons until prompted)
That's it, hope this helps.

Should you not get " boot " for about 2 seconds, before flsh shows m8, it does this on my H5,2TC box..???

Should you not get " boot " for about 2 seconds, before flsh shows m8, it does this on my H5,2TC box..???
Some boxes you do but then I think some just say flash I'm sure my h2s just says flash but then again I could be wrong

mine says usb first then i press power button then it says flash h2s

The h5,2tc just says boot for about 2 seconds, then says flsh, and if you don't get the word flsh with the 2 second period, then if won't flash, and the usually means that you need to do a low format on the stick before you load the image, [ well thats how mines works ]

a couple of things are being mixed up.... the image type can be in two forms...

1/ 'noforce' this requires you to push the front power button directly after turning the box on via the rear power switch to being the flash process or the box will ignore the usb & boot up as normal.
2/ 'force' this will auto-flash the box when it powers up (box displays BOOT for a couple of seconds then changes to FLSH)

the low level foramtting of a usb is only needed when an image is loaded correctly onto a usb but the box is not reading from it.

a couple of things are being mixed up.... the image type can be in two forms...

1/ 'noforce' this requires you to push the front power button directly after turning the box on via the rear power switch to being the flash process or the box will ignore the usb & boot up as normal.
2/ 'force' this will auto-flash the box when it powers up (box displays BOOT for a couple of seconds then changes to FLSH)

the low level foramtting of a usb is only needed when an image is loaded correctly onto a usb but the box is not reading from it.
Didn't know there was two types force and no force ive always just put usb in turned box on at back and flashed automatically will bare that in mind for future reference

in the image folder you will see a file named 'noforce' this is how the standard firmware is set & requires the front power button to be pressed, how ever IF you simply edit the name of this file to 'force' the file will now auto-flash... most members backup images are set to 'force' these days so you may not have come across this if you have used someone elses backup

in the image folder you will see a file named 'noforce' this is how the standard firmware is set & requires the front power button to be pressed, how ever IF you simply edit the name of this file to 'force' the file will now auto-flash... most members backup images are set to 'force' these days so you may not have come across this if you have used someone elses backup
I just mainly use basebuild of wooshes get the latest version that way

I'm trying flash a H2s and mine only goes to boot not flsh
If you have a look in the zgemma/h3 folder on your usb stick has it got a file called force or noforce ?
If noforce rename it to force and try again.

If all else fails, you can boot up with the image already on the box and then in Software Manager select Flash online -> Local -> Devices -> browse to the zgemma/h3 folder on your usb stick

If you have a look in the zgemma/h3 folder on your usb stick has it got a file called force or noforce ?
If noforce rename it to force and try again.

If all else fails, you can boot up with the image already on the box and then in Software Manager select Flash online -> Local -> Devices -> browse to the zgemma/h3 folder on your usb stick

9 times out of 10 m8... the box is stuck on boot..lol

ooh I just had simular issue when trying to reflash my VU, turns out I was using the wrong image

Any ideas as to why when I flash my zgemma s box with wooshbuild it doesn't flash loads back up to Ipab image. Says Flah on box for 5/10mins then boots up to old image and that image is corrupt

Any ideas as to why when I flash my zgemma s box with wooshbuild it doesn't flash loads back up to Ipab image. Says Flah on box for 5/10mins then boots up to old image and that image is corrupt
Did you have ipab on the usb aswell as wooshbuild

Back